Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

The Rogers reservation system is a sham...its more symbolic than useful. I always pre-ordered my S line and Note line phones, i was always #15 or less and I always ended up just walking into a Rogers store at 10am on launch day and got my phone that way. I would say about 50% of the time, my reserved and pre-ordered unit isnt even available until they call me which is 1 or 2 days after actual launch. Ridiculous. Whats the point of the reservation system if it doesnt even give youyour phone on launch day. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Polishpat

Weird how is it that i have always been in the #5-#11 for any phones & got them at launch? With the exception of the iPhone 6 plus which all of them got shipped at launch & got it on Saturday instead. If its a sham, may i ask you why are u still using it then? Just curious as you are putting down the reservation system but keep using it.. Also as you know as well the Rogers resevation system does not mean u will get it at launch. You should know this as i have seen u reserve many devices. lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes ok i will be patiently, i never do a reservations  from rogers and this is the second time.  this my experience of doing reservations and usually i do not do it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kyleh

No worries just wait until next week & it should change. For the meantime just spend time with your family / watch movies & such until it does change. If you have any other questions then just come as but remember nothing will change until some point next week.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks happy easter weekend

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kyleh

You are welcome & same with you!:)
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey MeowMix, 

Quite a few posts back, you mentioned that you had seen the Samsung Galaxy S6 in White, as well as the Gold. Could you let me know which location has a live demo for the Gold?

So far, I've been to the Best Buy & FutureShop (before it closed) & Rogers in and around Dundas Sq/Eaton Centre. They only seem to have the Black Sapphire and White on display. I also called the Rogers stores at Yorkdale and Scarborough Town Centre (this was about a week back) and the reps told me that they only had the White & Black.

I just want to get a real look at the Gold S6 because, while the color does seem like actual gold in some pictures/video and silver in others (just like it's name Gold Platinum suggests), in many other pics/vid it can look flat beige (depending on the lighting). I'm not a fan of this. I don't want to pre-order and then later find out that the color really does take on more of a beige appearance in natural light. 

I've already learned my lesson with the White S6. I usually go for the white phones in general, and assumed that the "Pearl" finish would look even nicer. However, after seeing the display, I feel that at some angles the sheen makes the back look rather plastic and unattractive. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shimshim

The stores took down the Gold model as Rogers and Bell got a noticed to ship them back and only have black and or white. This one was at the Rogers store at the Eaton's center and the bell store at the Eaton's center as well.

I would suggest jusy picking up the color u really want. Remember you are most likely going to put a case on the device so to me I don't care what color it is.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@shimshim
I posted a youtube video a few pages back that shows the gold in its truest colour.

IMHO it looks awesome.... Gotta bite my teeth to wait the extra 3 weeks
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeneric28

I seen that video! Honestly to me I only like black or blue I guess lol