Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hi i have question again... i changed my order from s6 edge white to 6edge gold ... they told me im the 2nd one on the phone..but when i checked it in my business accnt it says #28 out of 5...im confused
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ehmzz

When you change the color or the model, u will lose ur spot and get a new one. It could be that they either gave u the wrong number OR it seems the system is showing the wrong number as 28 out of 5 makes no sense. So u would go with what they told u over the phone.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Um just wonder, what is the difference between preordering from rogers and preordering it from the samsung store?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mrdrk123

Depends if u can pre order from Samsung. Many can't so they go with their carriers. Plus with Rogers you get a free wireless charger.  Samsung does not.. Also many that want to upgrade via Rogers they will reserve it from Rogers. 

There really isn't much difference other then the free wireless charger and also there isn't many Samsung stores therefor many go to the carriers.. I haven't seen a Samsung store that u can pre order. Samsung.ca sends u to the carriers pre order site to pre order one. U cant ore order via their online site. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Im planning on purchasing the phone outright, so I dont think the free charger applies to me. But recently my friend placed an order at the samsung store and was told he is guaranteed one on day 1. I will be going there tomorrow to clarify things and will report back!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mrdrk123

It applies for you as well. Anyone who reserves the S6 or S6 edge will get a free wireless charger no matter which pay the pay for the device. Even if u buy the device outright, you will still get it for free as a gift.

I asked Samsung Canada on Facebook and they just told me the location here in Ontario isn't letting customers pre order and they didn't tell me which location does tho.  Which location are u in? 

I Plan to Stick Around

The rogers website states that you need to activate a 2 year plan in order to get that charger https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions and as for the samsung store, my friend could be completely wrong as im going there tomorrow to clarify everything for myself. As for location Im in the Vancouver BC area

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mrdrk123

The site says that but believe me u will get it for free. I have been doing the reservation threads for all the devices and seen the same thing and I can tell you, that u will get it even if u buy the device outright. I was able to do it last year with the iPhone 6 Plus when they offered the free Bluetooth speaker. It said the same thing on the site but the stores didn't say anything.

Okay so it's Vancouver. The Vancouver store does this. So yes the Samsung store there only will do it but double check to see.
I Plan to Stick Around

wow thats pretty awesome then, hoepfully my store wont saying anything and just hand me a charger haha

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mrdrk123

I am sure they will :). Since you reserved the device, the charger is a free gift because you reserved it from Rogers!. Pretty cool gift if u ask me 🙂