Samsung Galaxy S6 Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung Galaxy S6 Questions

I have a new S6 and have some concerns/questions that could use some expert advice.  Here goes:

1. The calendar app has no widget for an agenda, whereas the Note 4 and Note 4 edge do - what calendar do you recommend that has an agenda widget, supports multiple calendars and shows start and end times...hard to find.

2. Why can I not order my apps alphabetically?????

3. The Email app (native) when in conversation mode, truncates even a single message conversation so that you have to double tap it to open and read the full content.  Note 4 does not do this - any advice or recommended email app for both Microsoft exchange and GMAIL support?

***Edited Labels***

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Questions

Hi cfine,

great questions! @Meowmix this is right up your alley any advice?

RogersStrick

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cfine

1. Yes that is correct. You will need to download a widget for the calender. Seems like Samsung took it off. Also if you are using a third party launcher this will happen too.

2. Samsung seems to have taken that out in some countries devices / software. No one in Canada has it & some in the states do not have this option. Many threads online will show u this. I am upset at this too but nothing Rogers can do unless they request Samsung to add it on the next update. Which is up to Samsung. 

I'm Here A Lot

Any recommendations for a good calendar to manage both Gmail and Exchange (and show overlaps) and mail app?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cfine

I would recommend Cal - Calendar. It seems that it's the top one
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks - it like many others is still missing the block view to show overlapping events...does everyone not have to be in 3 places at once like me?

Cat Happy

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

@cfine 3 places at once? You might just be the only person, lol.

Hmm, I came across another possible option (aCalendar) for your calendar query see here.

I personally have never tried it myself (it is a third party app) but with all things considered it may be worth a try. It seems to have the “overlapping events” capability you seek.

Give it a try and let the community know how it works for you.

Hope it helps! Smiley Happy