Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Hi,

Do like me, im running Marshmallow on my S6 Edge + for a while now.

No issue just change the CSC to another provider, I did Bell, upgrade to Marshmallow, then switch back to Rogers.

Now I have Marshmallow with all the Rogers upcoming feature like WIFI Calling and stuff. Currently not activate yet, but comming soon 🙂

I'm Here A Lot

I upgraded mine too via sammobile (firmware from canada eastlink) 

what now when rogers release the upgrade (hopefully this year) ? 

should we get the upgrade notification? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. Could you me through the process. Sorry don't know how to change provider.
I Plan to Stick Around

Read page 6 of this topic.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hi Community,

We’re working with Samsung and will be releasing Marshmallow on Android devices with additional functionality soon. The Galaxy Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marshmallow. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and other devices will get the update in the following weeks.

Please make sure you retain the original software on your Rogers Samsung device so you can enjoy all our updates. Thanks for your patience!

RogersDarrell

The problem is that the damage is done. Rogers is consistently late with updates and clearly does not feel these are of any value. For the more knowledgable customers, most will probably switch provider as I will.

Besides, it is very evident that the definition of the word "soon" has been completely lost on Rogers. These continuos apologies and thank you's for our patience are now viewed as insults by the customers you supposedly value.

By the way, I own the S6 Edge which was a flagship device last year which I paid a premium price. And now you're telling us that the update is weeks away. That is pure and simple incompetence.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why doesn't Rogers understand we don't want more Rogers bloat that we will most likely not use or even disable but our priority is the most upto date android and security. Rogers please release the update and add your bloat functionality as a separate app later for those that want it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed.  If you are not going to release updates timely at least unlock us from your roms and we will do it ourselves.

I Plan to Stick Around

I couldn't find an update with eastlink.  I just used telus and took update then switched back to rogers with the csc change.  Make sure you do a backup with smart switch first.  Then after the update you can restore everything.  Only lost bbm messages.

All the regular rogers apps all came back.

I'm Here A Lot

im still on the broken update that rogers released and never fixed where it delays messages from data. nice customer serivce.
I'm Here A Lot

well thanks to this forum i updated from the telus switch over method. no thanks to rogers.