Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

When i did it i was looking for one that didnt have bloatware, was surprised when it contained the rogers apps. You could choose others if you wish, but if your on rogers the best option would be eastlink.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks @mcj 

have you experienced any issues since you did it? i will try later...

I've Been Here Awhile

500 hrs running it. 21 days since I did it. No issues
I'm a Reliable Contributor

It's all the same software. It's multi CSC. It doesn't matter which carrier you choose, it will install the correct bloat based off what SIM card you have installed. When I had my Edge+, I flashed the Telus version, and the Rogers apps were all there.
I'm Here A Lot

3 days after the OS upgrade...no issues so far....

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been with Rogers for just over 5yrs now it has been great but as far as the Updates to OS for any of there devices be it Blackberry , Apple IOS or Android they are extremely slow to release the update. Why is this the case

I Plan to Stick Around

@Steve1967 wrote:

I have been with Rogers for just over 5yrs now it has been great but as far as the Updates to OS for any of there devices be it Blackberry , Apple IOS or Android they are extremely slow to release the update. Why is this the case

They are just terrible at customer service. Once you sign up for one of their plans there is no incentive for them to keep you satisfied so they basically ignore their current customers and focus only on acquiring new subscribers.

Note that now that AT&T has upgraded their S6 to Marshmellow Rogers is now the last major carrier to upgrade their Android devices. There might be some smaller carriers but I think most major carriers have completed the upgrade.

I've been with Bell and Telus and they're pretty quick to upgrade with security patches and OS versions. What worries me most about Rogers is that the security on my device is just as outdated as the OS. Once my contract is up I will be moving our company's devices to a more secure provider.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes the security updates are alot more concerning than the actual OS updates. They are so slow, barely give any information to their customers and I think the same... They are focusing on trying to get more and more new customers. Perhaps Rogers is starting to go under? Who knows though. I just wish there was more communication with their customers when it comes to security.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Community,

We’re working with Samsung and will be releasing Marshmallow on Android devices with additional functionality soon. The Galaxy Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marshmallow. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and other devices will get the update in the following weeks.

Please make sure you retain the original software on your Rogers Samsung device so you can enjoy all our updates. Thanks for your patience!

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

This is unacceptable. All carriers have released except Rogers. The only reason not to release would be malfunctioning bloatware. Even AT&T in the US which is closest to Rogers has released. We not talking of difference of days but weeks or months. Rogers please release and work on your bloatware after.