Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

You can flash any of the ones for the W8 doesn't matter what carrier.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Telus just seemed like they released theirs this morning. I wonder when Rogers will.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyway I just flashed the update from another carrier, the update is same across all carriers anyway. I'm pretty impressed so far with 6.0. Looks like most of the RAM issues are fixed, and the phone also feels way faster now.

Were you rooted? I mean, can I download the Telus version and have the Rogers phone see it as official, out not that simple? I flash roms on my other rooted phones often so that is not the issue. My understanding is that pay apps will not work on rooted phones so I have avoided that so far. Well the phone operate ok?

I Plan to Stick Around

HAHAH - this is a joke.     Telus released Android M today.    Android N developer preview has been out since March.    Is Rogers going to just skip Android M?    This is brutal.   My phone does not run the latest OS, and Rogers doesn't update the OS release screen.    I have the S6 Edge Plus - the current version of Plus line out.    I paid $1000 for this phone like half a year ago and Rogers doesn't give a hoot about updating from Android L?     I can't wait until Alberta Health Services releases the staff home use Telus rates so I can ditch this carrier.   It's the same thing every year.    If you want a premium carrier, Rogers isn't for you.    I'm going to pay my $250/month to someone else who cares.   </rant>

I Plan to Stick Around

@dough wrote:

Anyway I just flashed the update from another carrier, the update is same across all carriers anyway. I'm pretty impressed so far with 6.0. Looks like most of the RAM issues are fixed, and the phone also feels way faster now.

Were you rooted? I mean, can I download the Telus version and have the Rogers phone see it as official, out not that simple? I flash roms on my other rooted phones often so that is not the issue. My understanding is that pay apps will not work on rooted phones so I have avoided that so far. Well the phone operate ok?

You don't need to be rooted to flash. Just flash via Odin. Google it, it's pretty easy.

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know what Samsung's region code is for Canada? I've downloaded the Telus version and need to rename it from TLS to Rxx. I've tried ROG and RWS. And where does it have to be for the phone to "see" it. The Downloads folder is not working. I'm tying to do this using phones own processes rather than rooting, if it works st all.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

You shouldn't need to rename anything. All the Canadian ROMS are multi CSC. You should be able to flash any Canadian version of the same model.

I know the Edge+ versions are the same, and it looks at your SIM card to select the CSC
I Plan to Stick Around

To be honest, I don't mind waiting a bit longer than the Telus and the Bells of the world for the update.  As long as we are given notice that, "Yes, it is coming".  As it appears from all Rogers official communication is that no because we're Rogers customers, we don't get an update, yet.  I'm actually a little more disheartened that we can't get the  android SECURITY updates OTA, (my S6 Edge is reporting a security update of November 2015, Samsung and Google release monthly security updates, which are pushed out through other carriers but not Rogers).  I understand you can't give a date, because Rogers haven't, but that's kind of the point of this thread, there is zero communication from Rogers, this is one of the few outlets we have to express our frustration at this situation and the frustration that we seem to be completely ignored as customers.  There has been questions about Marshmallow since November, it's now April 22nd, Bell and Telus have both pushed out their Marshmallow updates for the S6, and Rogers still has "no updates" available or "coming soon" for the S6.  the Note 5 has a date of the 27th.  So any testing with the Samsung build should be done pretty soon, and since Samsung announced they had released the update to carriers months ago, there should be an update, even "Coming Soon" would be better than Nothing.  when 5.11 was coming out there was no "coming soon" or even a release date, just all of a sudden, hey it's here... Strange, and the OS page was updated that 5.1.1 was the current version.  

All we're asking here is for some communication.  I'd like to know it's coming.

Hello, @iankthompson

I appreciate your patience and I welcome you to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

The forums team is continually in touch with software deployment team, as soon as we get any confirmed news about any updates we refresh the OS Upgrade Schedule.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anybody tried putting TWRP on a non-rooted galaxy s6 edge? Would be nice to be able to make nandroid backups. It can be done via odin as well.