Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

@Meowmix it's not Rogers style to be this behind all other canadian carriers. Plus complete silence from them.

What is more baffling is there is no monitoring of the community forums to he'll ease the minds of consumers who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars each with them per month.

I am concerned that this might reflect a new less consumer centric direction from Rogers. It's quite unfortunate. Samsung is probably Rogers #2 biggest seller and they've completely dropped the ball on us.
I Plan to Stick Around

The update has already been released for other carriers (Bell, Videotron, etc). Meanwhile Rogers doesn't even have a date on their OS upgrade page. Gotta make sure all that useless bloatware works!

Anyway I just flashed the update from another carrier, the update is same across all carriers anyway. I'm pretty impressed so far with 6.0. Looks like most of the RAM issues are fixed, and the phone also feels way faster now.

I'm Here A Lot

Awesome, got a link?

I'm Here A Lot

In the past 2 years, Rogers has made a clean break from valuing customer service.  I think they got cocky after closing the NHL TV contract. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Let me know how your battery life is now. Mine has been worse since I flashed the MM update. Wi-Fi seems to be the culprit.

The normal Edge is the G925W8, right?
I have the Edge+, so I'm just guessing on the normal Edge.

Here you go.
http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SM-G925W8
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here, but you can just go to Sammobile or the Canadian S6 thread on XDA developers to find a link for your model (G920 for S6 and G925 for S6e). 

Battery life seems to be a bit better but still more or less the same. I'm getting about 3 hours SOT with 25% battery remaining on a typical day.

I'm Here A Lot

Awesome thanks, and yes the s6 edge is the W8.

I'm pretty sure people on XDA were reporting wifi issues with the new update, if you google xda and the problem you''l likely find a solution. 

Yea. I have been all over that. Nobody seems to have a solid solution that doesn't involve root. It's odd. It's random, today it seems fine.
I've Been Around

which one did you use to flash?