Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Aknowledged that telus moved the date. They also announced it. 

Apparently you have project delivery teams with such little confidence that you can't even set tentative deadlines. It tells the world you have poor control over your products, and comes off as irresponsible or worse, incompetent. 

Honesty and oppenness is always best.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mitch_

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong i do because they need to start updating their post to the accurate information and give dates even if they change they still.
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Update

Please post a date for release.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @asudermann96

At this moment we can not give a date as rogers has not released one. Until then there is not any info. Ill see what i can do.

EDIT - It seems like MobileSyrup is showing April 18th to be the date for the S6. The Edge will be April 14th but thats with Telus. Rogers has not posted yet. Mind u the dates can change

I've Been Here Awhile

OK thanks for giving me some idea of when to expect it.
I've Been Around

Rogers is good only for selling overpriced plans nothing else,please ppl llets ditch this greedy company.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello

You can leave Rogers all you want but u will have the same issues elsewhere. I posted above the dates other carriers are saying so Rogers should follow

The only way to get updates straight from Google is to get the Nexus line or get a iPhone which isn't controlled by the carriers
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

The Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow update has been released in Korea and other contries last week, and is confirmed to be released on Sprint in the states as of yesterday. When can we expect to see this update? It is not on the update list, but it should be.

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't put too much stock into the OS Update Schedule page. It is updated very infrequently and often does not contain current information.

For example, the android M update for the G3 was listed as "Coming soon!" for four months, then just dropped without ever getting a concrete date in that schedule.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks DrewLazz, Noted. Well I hope that is the case and it Drops very soon!