Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

for belisleian,

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/33387/page/2

Check above topic, post #15, 16 and 17. You have to call Rogers tech support and ask them reset your network line.

I'm Here A Lot

thank you !!!
I reach Rogers by phone yesterday.
I had to remove Rogers One Number and wait until thia morning to see that it is now Working.
the rogers representative disn't know about that. He was telling me that my phone didn't support Wifi calling.
I tell him to remove RON and he was like. why do you want to remove RON. You won't be able to have it back... blablabla... I told him, just remove it, that is all I want.

How come a Rogers representative doesn't even know their product (Wifi calling) and how to fix it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @belisleian

I don't think they get the training they are supposed too. Again not all agents are trained in everything.
I Plan to Stick Around

ok so my 6.0.1 update is working well, wifi-calling is working as well as volte/video calling but my moms phone didn't fair out so well...wifi-calling isnt working or volte..and when I look in settings/ about device - (status) it says volte not registered and my phone says it is registered...im guessing my mom will have to call ROGERS to reset carrier network settings to enable volte and the wifi calling....or maybe she has something on her account that is preventing the registration process.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @steveburke23

Yeah get her to call in and check. Most likely its from Rogers One Number causing it or something else.
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah I will get her to call and check, im thinking thats it, I dont think she had Rogers one number but she used to have ringbacks ..and might still be on her account .
I've Been Here Awhile

If you used the XDA hack, you may not be able to use it again to get the build .

I ended up downloading the firmware from SamMobile and used Odin to flash

It didn't factory reset and went from the Bell / Telus firmware back to Rogers .

VoLTE and Wifi Calling are working fine
I'm Here A Lot

i did use sammobile long time ago but im not getting OTA update notification so far...uhmm i guess i have to download the latest firmware from rogers again...
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Galaxy S6, originally from Virgin Mobile, then unlocked and now with Rogers. When I look for updates in the settings, it says that the latest update is installed. But I'm on v5.1.1... Is there a roll out delay for some users? Is there a way to force the update?

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

If your Galaxy s6 was not bought from Rogers you may not get 6.0.1 from Rogers..not 100% sure.. what model # is your phone. SM-G920W8 is Rogers model# .