Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

I agree drop the wifi calling and release the update. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rzanatta

No one cares about WiFi Calling? Is that why some users on here are asking about the update with it? Or other customers asking about the update and WiFi Calling?.. Shouldn't be speaking about others to be honest. It all depends. Maybe the majority want WiFi Calling and the update at once.. U don't know that..

I see your point about the update but maybe just maybe they rather deal with it all at once instead of having it done separately. Remember the S7 and S7 got the WiFi Calling update and was screwed up. So they rather do it all at once to finish it. They made the public statement everyone wanted and now it's just a waiting game until they do send it out. Now we know why the update is also taking long.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is @RogersDarrell 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @user02843

The Mods don't need to subscribe.. They will see it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It took a Rogers represntative 5 months to post once. They are thinking very carefully before posting here. Planning for 5 months to come up with an excuse to not post the update for the next 5 months as well. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i agree please provide more clarity. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't see how anyone could make excuses for Roger's lack of support on this issue. They could have released Marshmallow months ago but instead choose to ignore all S6 owners with the major security and performance updates it provides.

Delaying the release months just to add one feature is negligence.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rzanatta

Its not negligence. The fact that they needed to add that and wanted to add the recent security update they are doing it all at once. This way it's easier for their developers as well. If you think this is bad, check Motorola which won't be releasing monthly updates for their security.

Anyways at this point Rogers made a statement saying it will come. So now it's just a waiting game I see it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Alas, seem Rogers is afraid to respond to the ire of their subscribers. This issue is not resolved by a Coming Soon notification. That is now 3 months late while Google preps Nougat and Samsung likely readies for release in 6-9 months. Canada's major carriers and sub-brands delivered this upgrade and it works. If any VOLTE, Wi-Fi service is implement updates will follow.

Not going to flash a "competent" carrier ROM onto a phone for multiple reasons the least being all the annoying carrier specif tweaks embedded in the updates. Will be switching carriers at end of August if no official Rogers Communication regarding update ETA and why the delays. This is not Customer Service!

Step taken

1) Called Rogers. Stand up comedy routine with stuff being made up, not substantiated.

1) CRTC Complaint. They do not deal with hardware yet kind enough to pass on to Rogers. Logged frustration with Executive Escalations to no satisfaction. Again no "clear" reason plus asked Developer Team to channel through whatever department(s) to post message in this forum or blast a message via SMS.

2) Contacted Mobile Syrup regarding error in story - http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/06/16/rogers-begins-rolling-out-android-6-0-1-to-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-...

3) Lambasted Rogers in Google+ on numerous marketing plugs.

4) Will go nuts on Twitter until banned/blocked. Don't subscribe to Facebook.

11 days, my SIM unlocked phone can hopefully be flashed directly by new carrier to get their bloat, junk and services. Have decommissioned my Samsung S6 EDGE that's awaiting it's new user to enjoy outdated device. Bought an unlocked phone which lacks Wi-Fi Calling & VOLTE but will get updates indepedent of whichever carrier keeps or gets my business.

Rogers will no doubt nefariously bill once new services are implemented and working. Sad that an unlocked device outperforms a carrier bloated device on same network. Ran gamut of Rogers enfeebled devices from Sony, HTC to several Samsung since implementation of LTE in London, ON. Not one has have ever delivered anything near bare minimum of LTE speed as stated (Average is 4-7Mbps). Only see those top end speeds (20-75Mbps) in GTA, border crossing towns. Here when big promotions like Skate Canada or anything warranting TV coverage comes to town see the little Rogers wagons with antennas strategically placed where towers likely need deployment. Their neglect, bare minimum coverage in SW Ontario flies in face of coverage map, basic service promises over and above neglecting devices.

The lack of update for costly Samsung S6 EDGE 128GB has simply become tiresome and insulting. It is not deserving of continued subscription to Rogers Communications. Alas, we all know, Canadians pay some of the highest fees in the world for lacking service - unlimited or high volume data at reasonable prices? NOPE!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @rzanatta

Its not negligence. The fact that they needed to add that and wanted to add the recent security update they are doing it all at once. This way it's easier for their developers as well. If you think this is bad, check Motorola which won't be releasing monthly updates for their security.

Anyways at this point Rogers made a statement saying it will come. So now it's just a waiting game I see it.

You can't be serious.  You think "it will come" after it being delayed months and months and every other place having this update out ages ago is enough to justify it?  Common.  I even thought you've been around long enough to know that isn't the case.  What's already happened is what everyone is talking about.  Every day longer it takes is just adding insult to injury.