Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

That's horrible. Rogers tech support sucks.
I Plan to Stick Around

So are my questions going to go completely ignored?   Awesome support guys! 

Are we ever going to get android security updates?

Are we ever going to learn the cause of the multi-month delay?

or are the answers the obvious "No, and No".  

Because, Security updates are something you should be providing on a regular basis, you already post them for the nexus 6P, since our only official channel to get them is through you, Samsung does in fact release them, they're not big os upgrades they're security updates to protect your customers so they shouldn't require as much testing.  heck I'd take them a month late if necessary, but I still want them.  Some of the issues they've found have been big security holes that need to be fixed, and without getting the security updates ROGERS customers are vulnerable.  YOUR customers are vulnerable.  Because of YOUR inaction.  

Sitting on 6.01 with the June 2016 security patches in September... missing 3 months of security patches... 

I Plan to Stick Around

Please get your development team working on Nougat.  Would be nice if we get it early summer 2017 instead of late summer.  Hope you guys replaced the head of the development team with someone competent.

I've Been Around

Samsung pushes out September security patch for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in Europe. 
the OTA is being pushed out in stages. However, if you’d like to see if it’s ready for your device simply follow these steps: Settings » About Device » Software Update » Update Now.

I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers S7 update came out about a week to ten days ago.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope and expect we see new the update by the end of May. We wont tolerate another extremely late update.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @XbooX

I hope soo to! 🙂