Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

So do I go with Telus or Koodo?  LOL 

I tried to trick (with help from @aboganas on XDA) the updater into thinking I have an Eastlink phone in Fiddler to no avail. By changing the firmware version the updater is seeing: 

static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {

if (oSession.uriContains("NF_DownloadBinaryInform")){

oSession.utilReplaceInRequest("RWC", "ESK"); }

if (oSession.uriContains("NF_DownloadBinaryInform")){

oSession.utilReplaceInRequest("G920W8VLU3BOJ7", "G920W8VLU3BOK1"); } if (oSession.uriContains("NF_DownloadBinaryInform")){

oSession.utilReplaceInRequest("G920W8OYA3BOJ7", "G920W8OYA3BOK1");

}

and then reversing it for second section.

The Telus one LOOKS newer (by a month on the Sammobile site) but I'm guessing it's probably almost exactly the same.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went with TLS and it's working flawlessly. KDO has wifi calling enabled though if that's something you wanted to try and get working.
4Walls
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @walls1234 - I ended up going with TLS and so far so good. Wifi calling isn't important to me.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S7 family finally has the July android update as well wifi calling. Galaxy S6 probably should not be too far behind now. This is an unfair and unreasonably long wait though.
I Plan to Stick Around

I still do not know how to feel about all this. So much hate, but there is literately nothing we can do. All we can do is be patient and hope that this update gives us discounts on our bill.
I Plan to Stick Around

We're in a contract and Rogers gets their money. They don't care about their level of service. They therefore have no incentive to deliver.
I'm Here A Lot

I guess Rogers is preparing and will give us android Nougat for the S6.
WOW!! Rogers... you are the last company to offer marshmallow to S6.
I can't understand why Rogers are always that slow.
I've Been Around

I am really "unhappy" that the S5 had their Marshmellow updated prior to the S6.  (i have both phones).  Get your act together Rogers, Marchmellow has been out for almost a year now, this is insanely rediculous and frustrating.  I've about had it with Rogers bloatware on my device too, i think I will just go with the stock ROMs from now on.

PS, Thanks for editing all my swearing, rest assured this post was less nice previously.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: S6, you just have to take matters into your own hands. Google search will help you figure this out.

xda update carrier using smartswitch s6 edge
4Walls
I Plan to Stick Around

6.0.1 NOW ROLLING OUT FOLKS