Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

@kamiar wrote:

this is probably the entire rogers android department 

monkey_computer_perry_hall_pc_repair.jpg

Just a little comic  relief.  Hope it brings a smile to all the frustrated users in this thread.  It brings a smile to my face ever time I see it.  Thanks @kamiar.  You give the Rogers android department too much credit.  At least this chimp knows how to open a laptop.  

I promise this will be my last post unless I have something useful to say.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I installed the Telus update using the XDA method few days ago and I can tell it's working great.

Battery performance it improved with 25% at least, no more keyboard lag, fingerprint sensor it's responding way better.

If you really want the upgrade there are multiple methods out there; don't wait for rogers. Probably they wait for android N to be releaseed to integrate that in the same time, looks like it is simpler for them that way.

if you are affraid of editing a text file to make use of fiddler method, make a backup with Smart Switch, change the CSC in your phone with a provider of your choice then the update will be ofered right to you at the second reboot;

Accept the update, change the CSC  back to rogers if you care about, restore your backup and you're done;

takes 20 minutes with a good wifi connection, the update is 1.7 Gb so will take a little to download and process.

Regarding the wifi calling, I don't know if so many people are expecting it so heavily, as there is not like they give you free calls over wifi using your phone; the minutes will be substracted from your plan.

from what I see it, it's more like they want us to use our wifi connection, decongestionate their network and still pay the full bill; and maybe pay a premium for the feature 🙂

I've Been Around

I am pretty sure it's not because of wifi calling.

It has been over 5 months since other carriers have got their updates and yet rogers can't even give us a specific date!!!!!!!!!!! or if it's really really becuase of wifi calling, then all the engineers and programmers who were working on it should get fired for not getting the job done.

OMG wifi calling? is that some kind of a super super good feature thats going to make my phone like it came from year 2050 or something? if it is, then sure I can wait for that hahahaha!!!

I am even using wifi calling with my text messaging app and there are more than enough third party apps in playstore that we can use if anyone wants to use it and they are saying that android M is getting delayed because of that?

wow rogers!!!! looks like someone is out of all the excuses!!!!

Now samsung realeased galaxy S7, and also note 7 just few days ago....and I am still stuck with my lollipop...wow I just can't believe it...

THANKS ROGERS FOR LEAVING ME BACK IN STONE AGE!!

GIVE ME MY OS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've Been Around

I signed up for the simple purpose of tellign Rogers representaives that I will be leaving their service as soon as my contract is up, possibly sooner.

Since switchign to Rogers in November 2015, I've had countless billing issues, issues with the extra programs such as NHL GCL and Shomi, and last but certainly not least, nearly a year delay getting Marshmallow on my Galaxy S6.

One. Freaking. Year.

I'm not sure who I'll go with, but anything (other than Wind Mobile) has to be better than Rogers. Terrible service, terrible support, just terrible...

I Plan to Stick Around

@MySynpai
Unfortunately they all suck. Rogers, Bell, and Telus own all the other smaller companies. But on customer reviews Telus has gotten the best ratings out of the three. When I was talking to them, asking about plans, features, coverage, they were the nicest people. As I habe mentioned earlier, this thread is irrelevant to Rogers. It has pver 30k views and only one response from the mods that are supposed to be the voice for Rogers.

Sure, they might know as much as we do, but if you are looking at a PR standpoint, this is just sad. By the way, WiFi calling works on major US carriers already, like AT&T. Do not know why it has become such a puzzle for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately the schedule they post for updates is also not correct. The Galaxy S7 according to the schedule has the update available but many S7 owners cannot download the update. I heard it was temporarily available but might have been pulled do to issues with wifi calling.
Rogers should just release the update for S6 and S7 without wifi calling and work on it for separate release as a separate app.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arkdom
As much as that is the logical thing to do. Has Rogers acted logically in any of this. The update for the S6 was released initially by Telus in the beginning of June. We are mid August without a light in the tunnel. Rogers is just taking in all our complaints and basically telling us to screw ourselves because OS updates are not part of their service (exact words by a Rogers Business Manager). When they clearly are when the provider is responsible for the release. I want to stop posting on this thread, but the frustration is overwhelming. And it is not because of the update anymore, it is about Rogers basically telling us how worthless we are to them. I am stuck with them, with no way out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@lucasberthault that is great if Rogers doesn't feel that os upgrades are part of their responsibility.
Rogers - don't change the OS and have the manufacturers of the phones release the updates to consumers directly. Rogers then you should work on your own apps separately and allow us to download what we want. But alas @lucasberthault you are correct - that would be too logical for Rogers.
I've Been Around

Where is it?  Rogers as one of North America's largest and preminent cell phone providers has yet  to approve and release the latest update whereas the most other North American Cell phone providers managed to wrap their minds around it.  

Also, the posted helpful solution link to OS upgrade schedule doesn't work......?

I'm Here A Lot

I just downloaded the update through smartswitch using XDA forum's guide on how to do it. I have the 6.0.1 update from Koodo and it just works awesome and it also has the april security fix. My device feels like the one out of the box. Happy that I upgraded!