Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Hello @user4242

I am upset with Rogers for delaying the update as well as one of my family members has the S6 edge. I am pretty sure they will release it within some time. Again none of us know what is really going on and no point of trying to argue about it on here. The Mods don't know much information just like we do. They get it from the back office and only then are allowed to post the information. They go by what they get. So posting on here and being rude to the Mods ( as i have seen by other users) won't help anything.

Other carriers again have released the update and yes Rogers is last but seeing the big issue on WiFi Calling released on the S7 edge and S7 I wonder maybe the update is having issues due to that and most likely is. Most likely they wanted to wait until all this is done and do it in one shot. Again the information RogersDarrell gave was the information he got. They won't give out a date or any other information unless the developers or back office gives them the information and green light.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just switched to bell after 16 years with Rogers, tired of the terrible reception and lack of updates.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You're lucky your contract is over.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Another thing that blows me away is that whenever you call Rogers to complain about this issue, regardless of which department and who you speak to, and you mention that there are a bunch of people complaining about this in the forums. They will tell you: "Well, I never heard anyone complain here, so you must be lying," (not exactly this, but basically).  It boggles me that Rogers is just looking over this and are like pfft, no big deal. For me to buy out of my contract for my business plan I need to pay about $1,200. I just want to leave, keep my number and avoid paying. But how?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@user4242
Still surprised they were marked that high. Their negligence to provide us with the update is one of the many issues that they have struggled with providing to us. We just want Premium Service, for the Premium Device we bought, and for the Premium Price we pay. How can that not make sense?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did the same after twenty years but then made the mistake of returning. I thought things might have improved, but in every aspect of customer service it's worse; this update issue is indicative of it.

The switch back hasn't been worth the small money saved. Never again.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@rzanatta
I came with that same expectation. This update is a disapointment. The fact the the S5 got it before the S6 is just plain nonsense.
I'm Here A Lot

It's the middle of August. No update. Enough with the propaganda and excuses. This will be my last Rogers phone, this is ridiculous.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Actually, I could switch tonight and get the update. It's now August and Rogers has dropped the ball and upset a lot of people.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You said it brother. Switching to my spouses carrier. Rogers has such poor service.