Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

is there a method for mac users? cant dont dowload  fiddler otherwise. let me know 🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Fair warning re: not getting future updates. My phone has a year left on it, and I'm betting that rogers won't get nougat out before then. Worst comes to worst, I'll get the nougat update from Telus/Bell the same way when it comes out.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well the other thing is i've done it before on my S4 and bricked the thing.  An old rogers phone is better than a bricked one at least, but o-m-g why does rogers have to be the last one by months, and why does this thread have 31,000 views and not one person from rogers wants to make any comment?  Do we need to print the thread and send it to the ceo's office?

I'm Here A Lot

The (darkly) funny thing is that when I called in to Rogers to politely inquire about the delay and the reasons behind it, they told me to post questions like that in this forum in order to get answers.  Smiley Frustrated

I Plan to Stick Around

The live chat agents have told me this in the past too. So how do we get rogers to respond to people who have viewed this thread 31,000 times? Isn't that a bit crazy to not have a response? Maybe if we keep posting about it and it sits on top of the forum list for a year someone might see it along the way? That's why i'm saying it almost feels like we got to print it and send it into them fedex with a signature.
I Plan to Stick Around

As customers we are frustrated that after many months we still don't have the update. No one is giving us a time line or communicating what the very long delay is. The posts are about the inability for Rogers to provide an update that all other Canadian carriers provided well over 2 months ago. If Rogers is in capable of providing the service then as customers we have right to complain. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just pass all morning at a Telus and Bell store to compare best deal. Lol Bell give an additional 10% on my monthly bill to switch over with them plus 3 free Galaxy S7 Edge. Not only my two lines will be cheaper then Rogers monthly I'll be bringing my dad from videotron with us for a total of almost 50$ less per month. Bye bye Rogers next time give us a reason on delays. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

We hear you loud and clear and we apologize for the delay in the Android M update for the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. The update will also include Wi-Fi Calling so we want to make sure everything’s working well before rolling it out. We will keep you posted - shouldn’t be much longer.

Thank you for your continued patience.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I understand how software releases work, but can you try and narrow that down to at least saying if they are targeting august vs september?  

So my head won't explode can you please refrain from using any words like "coming soon" or "shortly" that can be seen as subjective and at least tell us the month they are targeting?  Please note by using the word targeting its not confirming a release date it's just to define better what you mean when you say "shouldn't be much longer"

I Plan to Stick Around

No one cares about the WiFi calling. If you guys knew anything about software development and customer service then you would know you should drop the WiFi calling for the v6 release, get it out, then release the WiFi calling feature at a later date.

But hey, you are probably also working on the new bloatware that no one wants.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.