Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

@catamtl wrote:

guys forget about rogers; 

look at xda-developers thread here, very simple to update using Smart Switch;

you can have latest 6.0.1 with latest security patch in few minutes using Telus update

This also works with the non-Edge version of the Galaxy S6!  Great tip @catamtl

4Walls
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't see why not; the procedure is the same for both models. worth trying

I Plan to Stick Around

Does this work well? I am tempted to fo it later today. Looks pretty simple.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Does this work well? I am tempted to do it later today. Looks pretty simple.

I think I'm going to take a crack at it today, after a quick backup of my phone.

My other question is: Does this invalidate your warranty? I'm pretty much at the one year anniversary of my contract, so it's going to be a moot issue in a couple weeks. Still, just want to know should I decide to take the plunge. I'm tired of waiting for Rogers to get their act together, or even to provide us with an update on the nature of the holdup. It's well known that we pay some of the highest cell phone bills in the world. The service should at least be commensurate with the price. 

I Plan to Stick Around

In short, i hope they do start losing a lot of customers over the issues they put us through (and i'm not just talking about this thread or these mobile issues). Only once the see their numbers falling will they try to fix anything or care about anyone is saying. It's the last time I buy a phone from rogers and glad to say it won't be happening again.

For those waiting...  Don't expect change to happen anytime soon, CEO Guy Laurence stated that the company has its “mojo back” so clearly he won't be changing anything with subscriber numbers up.  Could make more money holding the stock and not being a customer...

Good luck to the rest of you.

I Plan to Stick Around

why can't  other people at rogers provide a little transparency and information for their poor users?    

I Plan to Stick Around

@user02843 wrote:

why can't  other people at rogers provide a little transparency and information for their poor users?    

because they just don't care

I Plan to Stick Around

@Yeegrek wrote:

Does this work well? I am tempted to do it later today. Looks pretty simple.

I think I'm going to take a crack at it today, after a quick backup of my phone.

My other question is: Does this invalidate your warranty? I'm pretty much at the one year anniversary of my contract, so it's going to be a moot issue in a couple weeks. Still, just want to know should I decide to take the plunge. I'm tired of waiting for Rogers to get their act together, or even to provide us with an update on the nature of the holdup. It's well known that we pay some of the highest cell phone bills in the world. The service should at least be commensurate with the price. 

Don't know about warranty, mine was over the one year so I don't care about.

The telus update works great I had absolutely no problem since I did it.

Guys there at XDA are reporting that Koddo update is more recent and has wi-fi calling activated so if you wanted you can have it.

I personnaly don't care abour wifi calling, I keep wifi off mostly all times, I'm a lot on the road and tired of having internet down due to all free registering wifi networks from gas station, walmart, tim hortons and all other, but with no internet.

Also, in two month my contract with rogers will end and I'll go to Telus, so it was a good ocasion to test their software. Can't be worse than rogers, rogers are trying hardly to hit the bottom low of customer service and network performance. They will be there soon.

If anyone can't find the topic at xda developer forum, just send a PM and I'll send it to you.

I Plan to Stick Around

which is mind boggling of why we can't get an answer from anyone at rogers.  makes you wonder why they have these forums unless its to stop us from bringing up issues elsewhere.  

I'm Here A Lot

what is the link to the page for firmware upgrade? thank you