Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Thanks for the info/help Meowmix.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix,

I've been lurking on this board for a while trying to figure out when 6.0.1 was coming out for my vanilla S6, and what the holdup was.  I just wanted to say thanks for your good work in trying to help people with this issue. As your sig says that you aren't getting a paycheque from Rogers for this work, I commend your seemingly inexhaustible patience.  It's certainly more than I would do for Rogers without some major compensation. 😉

FWIW, I spoke with a Rogers rep and they didn't say outright that WiFi calling was the problem, but they did hint at it pretty broadly.  No word on what sort of time line we're looking at. "When it's done" is pretty much what they said. That, and they said to post any issues here.  I guess I accidentally contacted the Department of Redundancy Department. I genuinely feel for the CSR's who have to deal with complaints over issues that they didn't cause, but Rogers could really, really be more open with their customers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Note 7 is out and we are still waiting on marshmallow. But moderator are replying on posts about the note 7.
I'm Here A Lot

I contacted mobile syrup to give them a heads up on the frustated rogers customers for this update.  Maybe they might make a story out of it lol

They have the link to this forum

I Plan to Stick Around

That's a good idea. Others should know what to expect for support before signing up with Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

The time line on the Rogers forum says Galaxy S7 and S7 edge security updates are available but I have not received yet. I have both the S7 and S7 Edge and still have not updates since April. Google and Samsung have been sending out fixes but Rogers seems to be very very slow in releasing. My S6 is also stuck in limbo while all other Canadian carriers have released 6.0.1 months ago.
I Plan to Stick Around

Although it is extremely annoying that Rogers has yet to roll out an update to the S6/S6 Edge that all other Canadian carriers rolled out months ago. After they botched the earlier update with VoLTE back in October it looks like Rogers is being extra careful with their Android updates. In the case of the S6/S6 Edge a little too careful considering it has been months.

It is also possible that when Rogers does roll this update out it will also feature Wifi Calling (very strong possibilty since the Note 5, S6 Edge+ and now the S7/S7 Edge {partially} have the update). Once the Wifi calling issues are fixed on the S7/S7 Edge I think it shouldn't be too long until the S6/S6 Edge updates are also rolled out but then again this is all speculation.

However regardless the fact still stands that at the moment Rogers is by far the worst carrier in rolling out Android updates right now, let's hope they can fix this soon before they lose a ton of customers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I got the WiFi calling update for the S7. That was a couple weeks ago.

Enabling WiFi calling is a battery drain. It consumes at least 50% more battery power than when turned off. I've turned it off.

Release Marshmallow without this feature.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rzanatta

Unfortunately this most likely the reason why they removed the update for the rest of us with the s7 edge and s7. I have the S7 edge and still waiting for that updated. Not worrying anyways and glad they stopped it for that reason.
I Plan to Stick Around

guys forget about rogers; 

look at xda-developers thread here, very simple to update using Smart Switch;

you can have latest 6.0.1 with latest security patch in few minutes using Telus update