Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Right, key word being buggy. This is Samsung's job who have lawsuits globally for slow updates with Canada never high on priority list.

Equally VOLTE first baked into Android 5.1 Google no doubt changed things as they always do in 6.0.1 and likely derailed Roger's implementation.

Add Touchwiz bloat and finally Rogers network compatibility tweaks means first class cluster.

Wi-Fi calling is problematic as well so part'n parcel of the update. All Rogers applications work on 6.0.1 so no delay there.

Hurry up and wait is their mantra. Soon likely means August or September.

Talked with Bell who want $50 more a month for less service, Telus no different. Sadly zero competition means stuck with thieves who steal less money monthly and hope for the best.

Upside is got SIM unlock for free so if I want to switch carriers I can. All in all, Rogers should discuss the delay and provide assurance or realistic timeframe at best.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ROGERS should definitely communicate with its customers about what the delay is ..like thats kinda the point of this forum, but yet not a word from them..just the same robotic responses. RogersMaude give us some answers!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The automated responses by Rogers are not only a joke. If they will respond with a specific date, then fine, otherwise spewing the same vitriol over and over again is insulting.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So Rogers apparently just released an update to the Galaxy s7/s7 edge enabling wifi calling ..what are you doing with the S6 update!!?? this is getting soo sad and ridiculous and still not a word from any of Rogers employees/moderators..come on already!! we want our high priced phones supported.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the WiFi calling update on my S7 last night. I guess Rogers wants to get people off of their cell towers.

And still nothing for the S6. Priorities are pretty messed up at Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't have Volte, and likely not going to opt in with my Samsung S6 since I appreciate the convenience of Rogers One Number.

Can Rogers give Marshmallow update to customers like me who doesn't want Volte on their S6?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No, you're screwed like the rest of us who bought into Rogers ineptitude and greed. Bell and Telus are rolling out VOLTE and where able to deliver Marshmallow 2 months ago. Meaning full implementation of VOLTE for them is a future update.

Rogers wants everything at once. We get left out becuase they can't state "what" is holding things up. Is it VOLTE, Wi-Fi calling or both? Rogers blames Samsung, Samsung probably cares less and is focused on the S7 like Rogers sales.

My costlty Samsung S6 EDGE is paid off this month. If Rogers don't deliver soon a costly switch to Bell purely out of spite is happening. Annoyed is an understatement. The silence from Rogers is an insult. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am also considering switching to bell when my current contract is paid off.

My girl friend bought a s6 at the same time as me but only on Bell, she has recieved 2 software updates and is already running 6.0.1.

Not to mention she can actually make calls in our home with 4G and LTE turned on where I am forced to leave my S6 with ONLY GSM turned on to make or recieve calls. And then have to remember to turn 4G and LTE back on when I leave home to ensure I have usable data.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an email that we can get when it does get updated?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FizzaHasan

Unfortunately no. You will get the update OTA and see a little icon on your notification bar. If you don't, you simply can check in the settings - About - update. They don't send out emails or texts about updates.