Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Just registered to say this Rogers:

I am but 1 customer, but for you, that's 1 less customer going forward.  Hope many will follow suit.

Reasons are your lack of customer support, lack of update release and plain disrespect by ignoring your clients.  I can only guess you also have a very weak software team, unable to implement even the slightest changes, 3 months after the majority of carriers successfully released them.  Your silence speaks volume.

Who would want to stay with Rogers/Fido when no other carrier can be worse?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am very disappointed in Rogers . I thought they were supposed to be a leader in the industry. In stead they can't even simply update one of their flagship phones. And now I'm reading android is getting ready to release a new update . The Nogurt. So what Samsung S6 owners will never get either update is what I'm fearing .
When my contract is up with rogers I'm looking to switch . Even the lower carriers are looking better than Rogers. They're is simply no excuse for this
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Don't buy a phone from rogers they lack customer service and do not care about their customers a company like rogers should be releasing updates asap to devices like the s6 and s6 edge since they are the 2015 flagships and do not fall behind the s7 or s7 edge in specs. so it is not a hardware issue. its rogers, they can't be efficient and timely with updates its never going to happen. small carriers like wind have already released the update months ago. if you buy right from samsung (amazon,ebay, and the US with samsungs newest project of selling phones out right you will get a better deal and updates straight from samsung which is similar to what apple does. stop giving your money to rogers people!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Typical vacuous and insulting platitude.

Thankfully my Rogers Samsung S6 EDGE will be paid next month and I'm off contract.

If the "Coming Soon" hasn't changed, or latest status of OS shows 5.1.1 it's new phone with new carrier time. Tired of having to buy new phones every 1.5-2 years to experience benefit of last OS or receive firmware, security, software enhancements to costly devices. All because Rogers uses locked bootloaders and can't provide, vet upgrages to $700-$1,000 devices in a timely matter. They remove the benefit, incentive to bring your own unlocked device which always work better than the locked, bloatware infested carrier devices. Apple and Nexus prove there is precious little tweaking needed to ensure things work right.

Nougat will be out before the Roger Clown car delivers. Bell, Telus, Videotron and other Canadian carriers had this update out in April. Here we wait with Coming Soon well into July!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So like many I would like to flash Marshmallow from another carrier. Is there a problem doing this? For example 6.0.1 is available for G925W8VLU3CPC5 but the Rogers model is G925W8VLU3BOJ7. If I'm rooted does this matter? Thanks
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It should work fine since its a canadian firmware.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. Just loaded Telus 6.0.1 via Odin. Very simple, works perfectly!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously   6S update.  156 replies.  Thread marked solved, but its not.

Enough of the redirects to the update page.  Whats the release date?

No fluff,,, no user theories.   Just the truth from Rogers please.  Otherwise how can I return these phones for something that you actually support?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hogey

You won't be able to return the phones and as said many times on here, there is no way they will give a exact date until it's for sure coming out.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello @Meowmix,

It's not normal that Rogers is unable to deliver an update if EVERY other canadian carrier have done it so far. We deserve at least a form of compensation. Our phones are lagy JUST because Rogers ingeneer aren't able to work propely.