Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Oh you put way too much faith in your warranty. Try and make a claim. They told me mine had water damage. It had been in a lifeproof case since day one. Never came out, never got wet, but refused to repair it. Took it to another place and they told me it was a board failure and it was very common. Asked Rogers customer care for an explanation. Still waiting and that was on my S4. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hogey

It all depends. Warranty on devices are great but dealing with the manufacturer is better not the carriers I have noticed.
I Plan to Stick Around

I got warranty from Costco. They cover water and drops. Just doesn't cover lost or stolen. I've never had to make a claim ever. Cross fingers
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @XbooX

Their warranty is great from what i heard.
I Plan to Stick Around

@hogey

Are you talking about marshmallow update (I did that already) or security updates?  If later, where are getting them from. My phone still says April 2.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, we do not know when Rogers is releasing Marshmallow.    Was supposed to be June 1, but now delayed longer.    Summer is really until September, so could be late as September.   

I bet they're delaying becuase of the implications on wi-fi calling to their business.   Wi-fi calling is part of 6.0.    They are going to lose millions and millions of dollars because of this little feature.     Every day they don't go live they save millions of dollars.    

I personally can't wait because I'm changing my phone plan ASAP.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has changed the os schedule for S6 S6 edge and others from coming summer 2016 to (coming soon) if that even matters hopefully that means it really is coming soon although a date would still be nice ..lol..
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers you reeaally need to hire a bigger,better software team to work on OS updates, this is not acceptable waiting this long for an OS update, and just as important security updates.
I've Been Around

Gotta give Apple their due when it comes to updates. It's there and it's done

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nigelben

Agreed but all carriers have to comply with Apples ruling and agreement for that. They can't touch the update in anyway. They can't add their bloatware anyways. The send a small update after the major one from Apple. That I like but I doubt we will ever see this other then Apple and Nexus.