Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

@RogersDarrell - you mentioned the Note 5 edge, but not the s6 Edge Plus. Can you please update us on that? It changes from "end of may" to "coming soon!". At first this was suppose to be the first phone to get Marshmallow. Now it is the s5. Smiley Surprised

I Plan to Stick Around

For what it's worth, the old OS upgrade page has a HUGE "we've moved" icon, that if you click it, it takes you to the new one.   If you're going to be mad at them for moving the page, you really shouldn't say you can't find the new one when it's literally a click away from the old one.

I don't understand why they needed to move it in the first place, but hey... they did one thing right in it ;).  

Even if the new one is no where near as userfriendly, 

I've Been Here Awhile

"Summer 2016" means nothing, knowing that summer ends in september, Rogers could't be more vague. It's the equivalent of "coming soon" as far as I am concerned, which mean in Rogers language "we don't know and don't care if our customer are waiting longer than our competitor". 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dough
MS posted that this morning thus why i gave that date. Didn't notice they changed it. Hmmm why i wonder are they waiting that long.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

That may be true but it shouldn't take then that long to figure it out and fix it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I purchased a couple of S6s.  Now the scheduled Marshmallow update changed from May to "this summer".

Meanwhile the Neo is getting the update sooner, and the S7 shipped with it.

Rogers is really slow at providing Android updates, but the delay on an (arguably) premier Android phone like the S6 is ridiculous.  Telus did it last month.  Rogers updated the G3 and not the G4, meanwhile Bell already updated the G4.

For such a large company, Rogers' service has much to be desired.

I Plan to Stick Around

By the we get this 6.0 update, Android N will be rolling out. This is just sad and you really almost might as well wait for N at this rate.
I Plan to Stick Around

@XbooX, I think that is wishful thinking. I am willing to bet we in Canada will not see Android N until at least this time next year.

@Meeowmix, I agree it shouldn't take this long and this is also why I have stopped buying Rogers phones. It wouldn't be so bad that they are WAY behind their competition in rolling this out but for them to remain quiet and not bother updating their customer as to when this will happen is shameful! "Summer 2016" is not updating your customer!

I Plan to Stick Around

@SwordFish99 Google has an update problem and because this type of thing keeps happening they are trying to change the way we get upgrades starting with N. The adoption rate of M is still so low and the N preview came out a fair bit sooner than M preview. Not just a rogers or samsung problem but Googles Andriod update problem that needs to be dealt with asap because we don't get security and bug fixes when we should. Push the update now Rogers! S5 with 6.0 and my s6 with 5.1.1 on it is.....huh? Why are you doing the oldest phones first when by the time they get an update they need another update? If the s5 is ready to go, and other providers have updated the s6, what is the hold up?
I Plan to Stick Around

If the carriers didn't alter the software with bloat then the updates could be released right away. Google releases their software and Samsung alters it. There is no need for a third tier of alterations. Carriers can release apps later instead and not interfere with the release.