Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Where did you see the Summer 2016?  I still only see dashes on the schedule.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Also don't see "summer" in the update.

As an udpate, I escalated this concern to management office are Rogers. I received a voice mail back stating that the OS and upgrade team refuses to release the update (no further information could be provided) and is working diligently with OEM and partners to ensure this is handled as quickly as possible.

So the suspect that there is a bug and Rogers is holding the release until it is fixed is probably valid. BUT I don't understand why that is a secret and not being shared with their customers. If anything, Rogers' focus on quality is commendable, but their silence and poor PR is not.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

The new updated schedule is here. This is where you will find the new updates for it.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1
I Plan to Stick Around

So the Galaxy S5 get's it before the S6?  Something smells fishy here... There needs to be more communication about this than just that.  How can an older phone get the update first?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iankthompson

Most likely due to the reason the S5 is 2 years old and they are pressured more to get that one update and the S6 either is having some issue with the update and thus why they are waiting or something.
I Plan to Stick Around

Your kidding, right? Summer 2016 is your best estimate? That's 2 - 5 months after every other carrier in the country got theirs! (rolls eyes). Can't wait for this contract to end. In fact, I might not. Might just pay off the phone and jump to... somebody (anybody!) else.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dough

Yeah i am wondering the same but it seems like maybe the it's due to security updates and bugs they need to iron out but I Dont know. Who knows.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just some info, I guess the Edge 6 + is getting WI-FI Calling 🙂

Here some screenshot after instaling Marshmallow

Screenshot_20160507-193925.pngScreenshot_20160507-194000.pngScreenshot_20160507-194005.png

After talking with Rogers, feature not available quite yet, as they will probably activate it after the official update 😉

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Check sammobile.com, im also with rogers on s6 g920w8 loaded firmware for eastlink surprise surprise its rogers firmware, and now running 6.0.1 cheers...
I'm Here A Lot

does it has to be eastlink?