Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

hi , i have samsung galaxy s6 edge still waiting and i chat with the rogers guys from their facebook an dthey said go to ios page.

bell got there 6.0.1 marshmallow allready and we are in may whats the hold up

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is a joke! Still no marshmallow update for my galaxy s6. I think this is a marketing strategy for people to buy the galaxy s7 with marshmallow installed! Videotron Galaxy S6 marshmallow update came out for them why are we still waiting!
I've Been Here Awhile

Will be switched over to Telus as my contract is finally finish. Doesn't make sense that Telus as already came out with marshmallow on the S5 ans S6 and also bell. We spend hundreds of dollars on this Samsung devices to end up staying on older or version! Plus customer service got worse the pass year on wait time.
I'm Here A Lot

I got fed up as well for waiting and all you have to do is google "how to change CSC in galaxy samsung devices" then follow the instuctions in the link to change your CSC. I changed mine to Telus "TLS" it then formated the phone. I then did a software update in about device and it installed Marshmallow. After that follow the same instructions to change CSC back to Rogers "RWC". It will format and now you have marshmallow installed and everything works.

Marshmallow is so much better and faster than Lollipop.

Don't forget to backup your device before changing CSC as it will format your phone. After install to Marshmallow and change CSC to Rogers, restore from your backup.

I've Been Here Awhile

Don't I need to root my phone to change the CSC?
I'm Here A Lot

no rooting required. just follow the instructions on the page under the section "How to change CSC in Samsung Galaxy"

I've Been Around

Last Rogers phone I'll ever buy. Your slow update process in beyond ridiculous.
I'm Here A Lot

SUMMER 2016 for the S6!!! What the heck!!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @peruplay

I noticed that as well. Guess there is a issue going on? We shall see

I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you see this information?