Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

When will the Rogers variant of the S6 Edge recieve the newest version of android? Telus has announced that their variants will recieve it on March 16th.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

Hello @justin4thewin

Unfortunately at this moment there isn't any update on when Rogers will release that update for that device. I would highly suggest to keep a eye out on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread and when they do announce it, it will be posted on there. Here is the link

http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OSUpgrade.html
I'm Here A Lot

Any update when the S6/Edge/+ will receive the marshmallow update?? Rogers seems to be shipping already the S7 with marshmallow.....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @denzyl

The S7 / S7 edge come with it due as it come from the factory like that. Rogers doesnt control what updates come on a new related device..

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.. But if rogers doesn't control what updates come on a new device. Why is there a delay in the update for older devices?. Samsung has already release Marshmallow to the carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @denzyl

When a new device is released, it comes with the new software. All manufactures do this.. It has nothing to do with the carriers. The next set of updates though go through the carriers with the exception of Nexus and iPhone.

Yes they have and unfortunately at this moment most carriers haven't released the update yet. Keep a eye out for the OS Upgrade Schedule thread to be updated.

I'm an Enthusiast

Bell has said March Telus says April but Rogers has yet to say. so when is it coming. theres nothing on the OS schedule fourm. i can see Rogers being last to update.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sonyboyj

As you know since the OS Upgrade Schedule thread hasn't been updated that means there isn't much information and as u know the only time information will be available is when they do get it from the back end and be allowed to post it. Until then unfortunately there is no new information.

I'm Here A Lot

This is a joke. Your link is to a page showing you have no idea when any updates are coming out. 

Why don't you stop adding bloatware and just give us the update?

Telus released 4 days ago. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mitch_

Unfortunately that is not correct. The Telus update schedule thread shows April 4th as the update being released. You can see that your self. Telus changed the date a couple days ago. I do agree that Rogers does need to put a date instead of nothing.