Samsung Galaxy S6 Active availability

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active availability

Is there any word on when Rogers will offer the Galaxy S6 Active?  I've been stuck on a mediocre (battery life) Galaxy S3 for a while and have been looking forward to something with more longevity.  With the S6 Active boasting a huge battery compared to the S6/S6 Edge, I've decided this is the device for me.  AT&T in the USA is already selling it - is Rogers planning to as well (and when?)?

I should also point out (here's a source below) that under a controlled benchmark, where S6/S6 Edge get 7-8 hours of battery life, the S6 Active gets over 12.  Makes sense sicne the battery holds 50% more charge.. Now when can I get one?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S6-Active-battery-life-test-shows-how-far-can-3500-mAh-go_id70...

Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Active availability

Hello @dgdfgdf2346

Unfortunately at this moment there is no word on when or if Rogers will be releasing this device. They won't comment or give any time frame unless they announce it . I am pretty sure Rogers will be releasing it as they have released the older models but at the moment as i said  there is no actual answer or information to share. 

Stay tuned to find out!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dgdfgdf2346

Unfortunately at this moment there is no word on when or if Rogers will be releasing this device. They won't comment or give any time frame unless they announce it . I am pretty sure Rogers will be releasing it as they have released the older models but at the moment as i said  there is no actual answer or information to share. 

Stay tuned to find out!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Any update on S6 Active availability?!

Really hope it comes to canada. Bettery life in every other phone sucks.. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bobsurunceeee

Unfortunately there hasn't been any word get on this device. TO be honest i don't think we will be getting it
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers was late with the S5 Active as well. I'm not that patient though. If Sony's Z5 has that rumoured 4000mAh battery the internet is suggesting, Samsung will have lost themselves a customer.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dgdfgdf2346

Who knows. It's not only Rogers that does this. It's also Samsung as they control which carrier and what time the devices come out.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is there any way of confirming one way or another?  My S4 is on its way out.  I have had Samsung Phones and tablets since the s2 and the original galaxy tab and I really love them.  

Unfortunatly my s4 has seen better days and the type of work I do takes a toll on my phone.  I need something more durable.

I read rumers about a note 5 active if maybe these will be released together? 

I need to get something soon and with all the back to school deals on now it may be time to go to another carrier with the best deal.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Giju

Unfortunately Rogers and us can not comment on device that aren't out yet or just rumors. ( that's why they are rumors). There is no way of confirming as Rogers hasn't released any information same as Samsung if it will be released in Canada
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

it is available in Canada. Bell has it. It would be very disappointing if Rogers doesn't get this phone soon. My contract is up and I'm not waiting long to make a decision.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pricey

Honestly until Rogers announces that they will carry it, there wont be much information until then.