Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Samsung is sued by Netherlands consumer watchdog for failing to update its phones:

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-sued-update-phones-668328/

Very interesting article about how the responsibility is blamed on each other for updating the phones. I agree that the OEM (Samsung in this case) should be held ultimately responsible for providing updates to their phones in a timely manner. The carriers will always hold some responsibility as they don't sell unlocked phones and add bloatware.

Samsung should be sued in Canada as well. The fact that I am still sitting with Android 5.1.1 after all the trouble we have been through with a faulty update is enough for me to support suing Samsung. My mom has a nexus phone and had the Andriod 6.0 update several months ago and she received two security updates since then and she is currently on 6.0.1. My Samsung S6 Edge phone costs twice as much and we don't even know when we will get the next update. By the time we get the update, the nexus/google phone users will likely be on a much newer version anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried calling home today and this phone dropped my calls 12 in a row. So frustrating. Daughter trued to call me and the call never came through just straight to voice mail
I Plan to Stick Around

dakota680

I had the same issues as well after the update. The one and only thing to resolve this was replacing the bad sim card I had. No idea why it worked fine before the update but can say that once I installed a new sim all the dropped call issues went away. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yep did that.Talked to a manager today and not satisfied . Does anyone know how to write to the president. Have todo that before I go to the ombudsman

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @dakota680

I can imagine how frustrating it must be. We can definitely troubleshoot to finding a possible resolution for your issue. Can you please confirm that the device has been updated successfully: 'Build Number Ending in BOJ7' not BO16.

Do you have any of the ineligible services/features active as listed here.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

RogersSannecia

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @nitingaba,

Just to confirm, are you using the Samsung Galaxy S6? Have you updated the device to the latest update ending in BOJ7?

Some users reported earlier in this thread that after performing the update, they also did a factory reset on their device and that resolved all issues.

Have you completed all these troubleshooting steps?

Let us know!

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Using the Galaxy S6 Edge, the latest update has been installed since the day it came out and a factory reset has been done twice. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My phone has worked terrible all weekend. I got one text 6 times!! A few of my sent texts thsi weekend said failed but were actually sending. I often don't get notifications that i even have a text. What a joke this phone is...my S3 worked way better for these things, never had any of these issues. 

Just to add it wasn't just this weekend that it did this but it was by far the worst

And yes i did the reset and have the newest build....

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @benny27,

Are you still having duplicated SMS? What kind of reset was done on the device?

I Plan to Stick Around