Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

@RogersDarrell

I updated from 5.02 to 5.1.1 on 16th. The calls work fine, I just wanted to mention that the network does revert back to 4G when I call. Device has been restarted few times since Nov 16th. Just mentioning if its worth anything. Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

Finally got the OTA update. First impression so far is that the fix works 100% Smiley LOL

Tested both calls and text messages.

10 out of 10 calls were received properly with out missing/going to voice mail. All text messages were also received properly.

Volte is working. I only tested calling my phone with home phone and the LTE stayed on.

I will test video call with voLTE, once my friend with S6 edge does his update.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@gvinvan

Do you have any of the ineligible services/features active as listed here?

Secondly, have you remembered to turn VoLTE back ON after the update?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Got the update today, havent test it properly. I will update if problem comes again.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell

I have VoLTE on and my phone is a corporate phone so it could be that one of those services are turned on for our account. I am not 100% sure.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I phoned Rogers back to confirm whether I had any of the services mentioned by @RogersDarrell and I asked for an update on my ticket as I had already phoned tech support regarding the dropping to 4g issue that remained after my update.  I did not have any of the services and the rep told me that my ticket was "resolved" and that the solution was a factory reset.

I was a little skeptical about this being a fix and it sucks to have to do it again but I reset the phone and low and behold...my issue is resolved.  I can now do voLTE and video calling.  So anyone that was having the same problem as myself, do a factory reset and it should hopefully resolve the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well i dont know too much about voLTE, what I hace notice that whenever i call someone my LTE drops to 4G. Is it normal ?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bryanb58 wrote:

So I phoned Rogers back to confirm whether I had any of the services mentioned by @RogersDarrell and I asked for an update on my ticket as I had already phoned tech support regarding the dropping to 4g issue that remained after my update.  I did not have any of the services and the rep told me that my ticket was "resolved" and that the solution was a factory reset.

I was a little skeptical about this being a fix and it sucks to have to do it again but I reset the phone and low and behold...my issue is resolved.  I can now do voLTE and video calling.  So anyone that was having the same problem as myself, do a factory reset and it should hopefully resolve the issue.

I confirm, just did a factory reset with SmartSwitch and VoLTE is now working and videocalls as well

I'm Here A Lot

Performed the update via the Samsung Smart Switch application on Windows since on my phone I just kept getting the message saying the server has reached it's daily download limit... 

At first glance everything seemed ok...  so I called rogers and they gave me a credit and verified the build I was on was the correct one with the fix.  So again, all seemed good at first...  However, periodically I've been getting tripple text messages from people....

Anyone else experiencing this?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes @darkadam I have also received I believe one triple text since the update