Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavado
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

hello,

I am running 5.1.1 

eveck
I'm Here A Lot

Calls going to VM

As of yesterday, most of my incoming calls went directly to voicemail on my Galaxy S6. I see this is due to the latest software (5.1.1)..is that correct? My only workaround appears to not use the LTE network.

gvinvan
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned but there is also a massive battery drain happening when connected to WiFi. Funny enough when Rogers intially rolled out 5.1.1 i perhaps was one of many who got the update and 5.1.1 was working well. Till when Rogers resumed the update and second time around it was a 35MB package and everything went down hill. Calls going to VM, slow SMS's along with battery draining half from full 100% overnight. 

I managed to get a new S6; came with 5.0.2...I am guessing 5.1.1 has been halted again.

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

@gvinvan

Just curious when you say you managed to get a new Galaxy S6...can you be a little more specific?  Did you complain to Rogers and they exchanged?  The reason I ask is if Rogers did that for you, then why are the rest of us not being offered this fix? 

Thanks for the info.

brynhazlett
I've Been Around

I was sent here by the RogersHelps twitter account because I've also been experiencing missed texts and calls sporadically. Even though I've had the Android update for quite a while (basically since my phone told me to update the OS), I've only been aware of this problem since last week.

Edited to add: My phone has also recently (as in today) stopped sending texts as well.

gvinvan
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bryanb58

Hi, I have a business phone and got the phone through my internal Telecom dept. Thanks.

gvinvan
I Plan to Stick Around

@brynhazlett

Not sure how it helps end users to be here, except for the fact you realize how many other users are having this issue. If anything Rogers should be updating this forum topic and giving a time line as to when an update with fix is coming. Luckily I got another phone and its running 5.0.2. Checking for the new update show no new updates are available; I am guessing, rogers has blocked the update once again, which is a good move.

If any Rogers reps are reading this, what is the update on the fix and for 5.1.1 to be resumed again? Thanks.

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

@brynhazlett
If you read past post you will find a few temporary fixes as turning off LTE. It seems to work for some.
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

@gvinvan

Ah right on thanks anyway.

Hope a fix is coming.....Getting real sick of this!!!!!

rh52
I Plan to Stick Around

I am glad to hear that Rogers has pulled the early October 5.1.1 release from the OTA list, just as they did the September 5.1.1 release. That shows that they eventually recognize when a release is more trouble than it's worth, and the workarounds are insufficient.

I exchanged a couple of reply board notes with @RogersDarrellSamsung has no intention of skipping the EMR and jumping to Marshmallow.

That is important, since it otherwise could have orphaned many crippled S6 phones for months.

There is a lot of technical and customer support respect on the line for Rogers on this one. Here's hoping they get it right the third time.