Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hello there.

Double SMS can be a switch error on your account/profile. (I had this like 4 years ago)

@dakota680 Have you spoken to tech support about this? Because Changing your SIM wouldn't matter at that point if it's attaching to the same account/profile the issue is originating from. Assuming it is an account issue.

Seems like most of the Troubleshooting you have checked off on your list.

So that's the only question I have, If you spoke with Tech support?

I Plan to Stick Around

lol. Many many times. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I can live with double text but this phone was just came from Samsung refurb and still doing the same thing that it did in Nov.  Dont know where to go now

Rogers Employee

Apple.

No i'm Joking.

I expected already that you called, did they escalate a ticket for you?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think so. Said to take it into a rogers store and they will send it back. This phone just came from Samsung. At least I know Im not getting another Samsung phone. I asked them to exchange a new phone or give me the money I paid and let me out of my contract. Three months and still getting the same problems

Rogers Employee

Completely side-note;

Dunno if you are in GTA, but there is a Samsung Store in Sherway Gardens. I wonder if they know something about this.

@CommunityHelps would you be able to assist? As this may be an account issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

In Guelph so not that handy to itand not sure what else they can do with the account as they hae already reset my account on the network.

Rogers Employee

Reset your account on the network? Usually that isn't done over 1 phone call.

Reset your network settings or Resend connection request to the switch isn't the same thing as Reset your account.

Though I am out of ideas beyond this...

I Plan to Stick Around

The reset was done after many many calls. I have no ideas either but sending the phone back to Samsung where it just came from doesn't make sense. After three months I'm no further ahead.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no phone call problems at all now but occasionally I have problems with text messages. I get a lot of doubles, sometimes I don't get the text at all and other times my texts just continue sending and do not actually send until I restart my phone. So looks like the issue is not 100% resolved for more than just a few.