Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I was seeing your frustration with the SMS issues, Just a not did you try switching the phone into 4G or 3G to see if the duplication happens on different bands? Are you using VoLTE? If so Can you disable it on the device to see if SMS will go wihtout duplicating? Just trying to help the mods narrow down what might be causing it.

I'm Here A Lot

is anyone else having issues of receving messages and emails that are connected to data usage. I sometimes dont get the notifications and have the open up the app. The notifications should be pushed but it doesn't happen. This has been getting really bad in the last 2 weeks. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@dlau247 i've been having those issues, not sure if it is connected to data usage though. I was just texting with someone and didn't get a response to a question. I went to look and of course there was a response (2 new texts) but i had no notification of it. I don't get notifications of emails either all the time. I've notice that sometimes i open up my email just to check if there is anything, close it and then a second later i get a notification that i have 5 emails.... 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I think there is something wrong with the network. I am home a lot of the time and connected to wifi and everything seems fine. Also when I come home and my phone connects to the wifi by itself all the notifications come all at once. I hope android 6.0 will fix this but it does sound like a problem on rogers end. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Galaxy S6 from Rogers and have not received an update to Android OS. I am currently on 5.1.1. Sorry if repeating anyones question but is there a date for upgrade to Android 6.xx? I see articles are now discussing Android 7x.x. 'N'.

More importanalty, I believe Google sends out monthly security updates. It would seem important to receive those updates. My phone is on security patch level 2015-11-01

The following link describes March 2016 security update. There are apparently 6 critical issues resolved. How can we not be receiving the security updates? Perhaps I am missing something. i.e. are they to be downloaded somewhere else?

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/android-security-update-march-2016-what-you-need-to-know/#ftag=Y...

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like we go through this with every major Android update and Rogers. Why does Canada's biggest carrier take so long to push out an update? Samsung had the update ready weeks ago. Sprint and AT&T, the major US carriers, have their S6 / S6 Edge update out but Rogers isn't even giving us an idea of when we might see it. What's the point of an OS Upgrade chart if it doesn't even show the future plans? (Only ONE device has a pending Android 6 update!)

I've Been Here Awhile

I am sorry this didn't answer my concern---I got a text from Rogers yesterday asking if I'm enjoying my new cell phone but I haven't received it yet??  Can you tell me where it might be if I'm supposed to have it but it hasn't arrived here yet.  Appreciate your attention on this matter.  Lu Lewis

Hi @Lulewis

Welcome to the Community!

Have you received your new device yet or are you still waiting for it? An email is sent out with a tracking number once a phone is shipped, have you received any such emails?

Thank you,

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

I'm going through the not accpetable call bug again. its annoying I cant receive calls.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am only wondering if my insurance is effective now on this phone & if I got a rebate from my rewards against the price of my phone?