Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Since tuesday special characters as "é, è, ë, à” show as "?" in my text messages and this is just with people in my contact who has a S6 too... Someone who has the same problem ? Two of my friends with S6 have this issue

Since tuesday too some of my contact start to complain they don't receive all my text....

I installed the update via SmartSwitch and did a factory reset, voLTE calls work fine but I have this annoying problem since this week...
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @naderzz

Have you followed the steps that other users have posted on here? Have done a complete factory reset on ur device after the update came in?

So I am one of those fortunate ones that never seemed to have any issues with the original update (nor the second one). Truth told, I never actually checked to see about VoLTE since I don't use it, but I certainly did not/do not notice any text message anomalies or missed calls or other of the problems others have seen.

So my question is this: should I do a factory reset/wipe anyway just to be sure I have the full benefit of all of the fixes? I am loathe to do that if not necessary. The problem is, of course, that you don't know what you don't know. Just because I don't *think* I am having any issues doesn't meant that there are not some hidden ones.

Thoughts?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

is it just me or the firmware 5.1.1 battery life is a lot shorter than 5.0? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I'm still having issues with losing the network, not receiving SMS... all the symptoms.

Android: 5.1.1
Build: ..B0J7
Device: S6

I also did a factory reset and issues persist. First question is whether based on the build number I have this new fix? Second question is what else can I try apart from using only GSM or switching my phone. .. ?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just got a refurbished s6 edge plus and still having the same issue. Limited data speeds, texting sometimes gets sent out with out errors. So where is this new update?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm still having this issue. Triplicate text messages only when on the cell tower (no dupes over wifi) and usually but not always followers by the inability to call with a " not registered on the network". Now tech support wants me to wipe the phone and go without a contact list..at the first instance they told me it might be due to a corrupt addresses book and now they are telling me they need me to do this to escalate the network issue. I tried to get a new phone but tech support would not budge until I did this. From my readings online, it's possible the SIM card is the issue (which would explain why the issue with mugs is only when I'm using the cell tower).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I hope i can get some help here.

I got an unlocked s6 edge straight from manufacturer couple months back.

Got that LTE issue where calls dropped and people could not call me etc.

I keep checking for update but there is nothing available.

Called rogers twice and finally got an answer saying that i should be on build that ends OJ7 and i am on OJ5 now.

They told me that i needed to contact samsung for that.

Can anybody give a bit of advice?

Thank you

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@hhhh3 wrote:

Hello,

I hope i can get some help here.

I got an unlocked s6 edge straight from manufacturer couple months back.

Got that LTE issue where calls dropped and people could not call me etc.

I keep checking for update but there is nothing available.

Called rogers twice and finally got an answer saying that i should be on build that ends OJ7 and i am on OJ5 now.

They told me that i needed to contact samsung for that.

Can anybody give a bit of advice?

Thank you

If you live near Mississauga, then go to Samsung Customer Service store (Heartland Town Centre) where they will update software program for you.   

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

great thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So i went today to customer service in mississauga to check it out. There was a nice lady there she was very helpful.

However, here is the thing:

the phone was purchased unlocked from Hong Kong and therefore is not a Canadian phone and they cannot update it for me as i have different software and hardware on it?

So now i am not sure what to do.

Please help someone. Or refer me to a place where i can get this done