Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

It is unfortunate that some people are still having issues. After testing everything for over a week I can say that there are absolutely no issues.

The only thing I couldn't check was the volte video calling as my friend is refusing to upgrade to 5.1.1.

I did notice that there is a small improvement in battery life as well. I get a notification almost every day about the apps being optimized (any app not opened for over 3 days goes into optimization mode automatically. Will have to figure out how to turn off the notification as I don't need to see this everyday.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Since update and factory reset I get LTE, but wifi no longer works with certain apps when they try to sync or download.   For example, Outook mail, BNNgo, Samsung mail, Samsung account, Google Play.  These all work fine with data, just not wifi.

Rogers tech says it is software issue and to contact Samsung. 

Nice, but I suspect Rogers still wants my monthly payment and payment for all the additional data charges since that is only way apps work now.

I've Been Here Awhile

Having been burnt by updates before I have held off doing this one. After reading the reviews I see many having to do a factory reset after the update.  I'm just a simple user and want to know what happens if you do a factory reset.  

I'm Here A Lot

I'm still waiting gor the update for s6 edge plus. Eta?
I Plan to Stick Around

Your phone, and all the information on it is reset (erased) to way it was when shipped new.

Download the Samsung SmartSwitch software (from the Samsung website) to your computer, make a backup of your phone first, then let it upgrade the firmware, then, do the reset.  Once it's done, it should be able to restore your information (to your phone) from the backup you made.

Seems to have improved the performance of my S6 massively.

@bb100 wrote:

Having been burnt by updates before I have held off doing this one. After reading the reviews I see many having to do a factory reset after the update.  I'm just a simple user and want to know what happens if you do a factory reset.  

I'm Here A Lot

i current using 5.1.1 on my s6 edge plus and still having issues with my data. is the new update still coming out? 5.1.2? still having issues with my phone. texting getting double messages..e.tc. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks...really appreciate your response!

I've Been Here Awhile

I updated my phone with the new update less than 2 weeks ago and I still have this issue with lte. I have to put my network on 3G for anything to work.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did you do a full reset/data wipe? it has been stated many times in this thread, you must data wipe/reset the phone for the update to work properly

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @naderzz

Have you followed the steps that other users have posted on here? Have done a complete factory reset on ur device after the update came in?