Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

@steveburke23 tried this and still no luck. I see the update for all like a suger pill from the doctor. You take it and think it made a difference but it's all in your head. This update is the very same. Those saying everything is working fine are not even noticing or understanding VoLTE and what its suposed to do.

Regardless I'll call Rogers and continue the cat and mouse game.

I've Been Around

What the outrageous situation! Should Rogers indeed pay the compensation for this? We pay for service, which Rogers is not able to supply

I Plan to Stick Around

VOLTE is VOICE OVER LTE Correct?  That means when you make a call or receive a call, the LTE indicator stays on right?  In the past (until yesterday when I factory reset the phone after the latest update) my phone would switch to 4G when a call was incoming.  That is my understanding.  As you can tell I have been quite against Rogers on this update, but now it seems they have it right.  As for Video Calling, I cannot confirm if it works or not as I have noone to call using this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Very nice @AccordXTC just assume we are incompetent eh. I do know what it is and Yea it's working. I had to deal with Rogers after the update and ended up factory resetting as a fix but yea I got it working. My battery life is better quite considerably (but most likely due to me being on the strong LTE signal all the time now) and yes I have voice over LTE now I have done quite a bit of testing. I had it drop once on me for whatever reason but that's it. I can say now that my phone is working as it should and Rogers has compensated me fairly for my trouble time.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ditto for me except the compensation...  They are not interested in compensating me!

I've Been Around

I agree Rogers is the worst cell phone provider I have ever dealt with ever two day having to deal with some person that has no idea how to fix anything you can tell when I response takes 2 minutes and they have you undo everything that another I do it did two days prior rogers better get there shot together because I for one won't be paying for a service I have no been able to use like making phone calls Internet ect

I Plan to Stick Around

Update: I was able to call Rogers and had a ticket made in regards to issues on my LTE service not working. Rep advised it gave an error when they were doing stuff on their end. I then got a call the next day advising my issue was resolved but tested to see that VoLTE was still not working.

Called last night again to speak with tech support. They did some changes on my account and had me restart my phone a couple of times and finally have it working, tested and no issues no. Haven't had a chance yet to test video calling but at least when I try it wont fail like it used to.

What I've got from all this is that Rogers should be calling the people who own these phones and be proactive just like the text they've sent out to make sure these people are up and running with the fix as I've seen most people already having to call in to resolve the matter.

Just nice to see that yes this issue is resolved and can move on. I encourage anyone having problems still to call Rogers tech support to get this resolved.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did the update and it seems like my phone is running worse than before!! I really don't want to have to reset the whole  thing...just annoying

I Plan to Stick Around

Well i never wanted to do the factory reset but most of the people said it worked for them so i did and guess what it solved all the issue and voLTE is working. Havent test the video calling yet.
I've Been Around

For me the issue has gotten significantly worse since the update.  I've gone from the update appearing to have not done anything (was still showing 4G instead of LTE). Then on the 17th it dropped out again so I was working on GSM for a day,  then saw that factory resetting the phone was fixing a lot of people's issues.  After the factory reset it went back to LTE, occasionally dropping down to 4G, until this weekend it dropped out again and I had to go back to GSM.  So again I factory reset the phone, got LTE service for a couple days, yesterday dropped back out and had to switch to GSM.  Then this afternoon, after trying to test if I could get LTE again it stopped connecting to all data networks.  Had tried switching back and forth between LTE/HSPA/GSM, HSPA/GSM, and GSM.  Note this is outside in the middle of downtown Toronto where there should be no issues with LTE.  I had walked around for an hour outside and couldn't get any data service, yet phone calls and texts were working.  This is just becoming rediculous.

Well off to do my 3rd factory reset since the 16th.