Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

yup me too
I Plan to Stick Around

ya same here ..another thing I have noticed is since the 5.1.1 update when im listening to music through my phone the volume keeps fluctuating..
I'm Here A Lot

I have receive update, but I am still not getting good connection (can't make phone calls) and no longer get LTE (at best I get 4G).

But yet, Rogers expect me to pay "premium" for their service. Scary thing is WIND has better coverage and data speed compare to Rogers (non-LTE) network in my area (I am former WIND customer).

At this point, I might file a complaint with CRTC about this issue since Rogers customer service reps have been useless.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bryanb58 I received two triple texts this morning from two different number. I thought I was finally out of the woods... It's better than received them hours and hours later but it's still a bit irritating.
I Plan to Stick Around

@cstl3722 Yea I've still only seen it happen once but obviously it's not "fixed" completely. Oh well like you say better than not getting texts for 3 hours or missing calls
I've Been Here Awhile

I got the update yesterday & did the steps @RogersDarrell said, including powering off the phone & everything seems to be working fine. Haven't tested out video calling yet though. I called in to try and get a credit but they wouldn't give it to me because I didn't report the problem to them as I was getting answers off of this forum & I didn't want to waste my time phoning in when I knew what the problem was. I get what they're saying but it's not like it was an isolated problem to just my phone. It is now an known problem to all s6 users who updated. I just said Rogers sucks and hung up
I Plan to Stick Around

I am yet to be convinced that the latest version of 5.1.1 is worth installing. There are mixed opinions on this forum from people who have installed the November 16th version.

It looks like only about 10 people using this forum say they've installed it.  There must be more.

Let's please see a show of hands as to how many people are using the November 16th version and if you are satisfied.

Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been using the latest version since it came out on Nov. 16th and it has completely resolved all the issues for me. My phone is working perfectly but I am not using VoLTE and do not have it turned on as I do not need or care about it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Just tried video calling. Works perfectly.
I've Been Around

Updated yesterday and all was working fine for about 24hours but am now starting to receive texts hours after they were sent--this was the initial problem I noticed weeks ago.  At least for me, this most recent fix, was not a fix.