Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

This is ridiculous!

I've Been Around

I was SO relieved to get the software update on Mon 11/16 since I was already on my second new Galaxy S6 in 3 weeks due to this call issue. After updating, all calls came through perfectly  UNTIL Tues night....another call went straight to voicemail!  I am so dissapointed and really hoped the update would fix this issue 100%.

Please advise if I should change any settings now that I have the G920TUVU3DOJ7 update.  Turn VoLTE back on? Change my network mode? HELP!

Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

I havent got the update yet but still if the issue is their after the fix then they should change our handset free of cost to either iphone 6 or note 5.
I Plan to Stick Around

Went from 5.02 to 5.1.1 latest build. So far have not seen any delays in terms of calls / text messages. I am not an individual who gets tons of calls / SMS but so far, none of my family friends have mentioned that calls are going to VM etc.

For folks who still don't have update, download the update using Smart Switch application which is avaiable from Samsung's website.

In terms of calls VoLTE is turned on my phone, though during the call network reverts to 4G. Do I care? No, as long as calls are coming in fine and not dropping I am happy.

I don't use the Video side of S6, I rely on Hangouts for that, works well for me.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

For what it's worth, I'm a fairly high volume user... lots of calls and text msg's both ingoing and outgoing throughout the day. So far, no issues for me... VoLTE is turned off still.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've tried the video calling, does not work. Just as mentioned before the network drops to 4G when making a call. I'm getting dissapointed in this phone. I had so much hopes for it being a winner for Samsung and not sure who to blame Rogers or Samsung, but BOTH have played a part in this matter.

I agree that users should be able to walk away from this phone and trade it in for something else that works. I have a S6 Edge 128GB that wasn't cheap and between the buggy software and battery that isnt able to make it a day is brutal. Rogers needs to take care of us as customers and stop with this cat and mouse game.

REPLACE THE PHONES!

I Plan to Stick Around

Look. I didn't even know about voLTE or that calls even dropped to 4g before this. My phone works fine on LTE in terms of receiving texts and calls post update. But guess what? Now that I have seen that they advertise voLTE on their site and specifically highlight the s6....well I want it to work because this update was apparently supposed to implement it. I see that some people have said it works and others are saying it doesn't. I've called Rogers and put in a ticket so I will see what they come back with. Video calling is disabled for sure from what I have gathered and voLTE I don't really know what's going on with it due to the inconsistent results I'm seeing on here. But I will await yet another response regarding yet another issue with this "flagship" device.
I Plan to Stick Around

after one a half day of testing, this update is dissapointing;

voLTE is working randomly, from 10-12 calls in the same place, I'd say it's 50-50; on some data dropped to 4G, on some it keep LTE connection. and it's not signal level problem (at least it shoudn't be) as I can see the tower from my place, like under 1km in straight line. on the phone it's always max level, but who knows .....

on the road it a different story, lte is keep up around 20% of the calls; again shoudn't be a signal problem, I'm talking about downtown Montreal, and metropolitan highways. however the calls disconnect during conversation at the same rate as before; but this is just the junk rogers network in west island area of Montreal, the handshake between cells is not working properly; none care anyway, even I mentioned to tech support at least 4 places with 500ft precision, where the calls disconnect frecvently

on the other side, notifications are a different problem; missed calls notification didn't arrived yet, even I tested that on the morning;

the only plus, all calls seems going in, no more calls straight to voice mail; I hope at least, as the notifications are not working, I can't be sure.

for the SMS, the two I send, was received well, with minimum delay, I didn't had the chance to receive any.

conclusion: 12 more month of pain . . . . then run away

I've Been Around

Those that were asking why it takes so long for carrier versions of Android updates, here's a step by step of how the update process works.

http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates-process/
Community Manager
Community Manager

REMINDER:

If you're having VoLTE, Video Calling, or any other problems after updating your S6 or S6 Edge complete the following.

1. Remember to turn VoLTE back on after your update.

Settings >Applications >Phone > VoLTE-Use VoLTE when available.

2.  Power Cycle the device 30-45 minutes after updating. (Especially if you're updating from a non-VoLTE enabled OS version)

3. Confirm your device has updated successfully: 'Build Number Ending in BOJ7'

4. Test VoLTE calls in 2-3 different locations.

5. If steps 1-4 do not work. Complete a Factory Reset on your device.

VoLTE Compatibility (must not have the following active/turned on)

Wi-Fi Calling (supported on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus only)

• Apple has not enabled VoLTE video calling on their devices as they have FaceTime available.
  • iPhone 6s and 6s Plus user will have to toggle Wi-Fi calling on and off to enable VoLTE.
  • Extended Coverage
  • Rogers One Number
  • Ringback Tunes
  • Parental Control Data Block SOCs
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • “Common Voicemail” (Legacy Voicemail product)
  • Alternative Line Service
  • TeleTYpewriter (TTY)
  • Wireless Priority
  • UMA Hotspot
  • Datacom, CS Data, FAX, USSD Services

If still having issues, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps via PM. We will gather your cellular info and open a Case for further investigation.

Cases help track and correlate any issues that are experienced. With this information we can work with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and help build a better experience.