Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catamtl
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Benny,

The update option should been offered to you first time when you open the software and connect the phone;

else, you go in more > preferences > software update

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Rogers Darrell can you confirm that Rogers has disabled video calling ?
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell yes confirmation about state of video calling would be great and as well. I did a hard reset of my phone and tried calls from my work, home and in a city nearby and none of the calls are going over LTE... Keeps switching to 4g... So it's seems as if it's not even working period.
cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bryanb58 wrote:
@RogersDarrell yes confirmation about state of video calling would be great and as well. I did a hard reset of my phone and tried calls from my work, home and in a city nearby and none of the calls are going over LTE... Keeps switching to 4g... So it's seems as if it's not even working period.

Same here

benny27
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @catamtl
RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

As posted previously here, if you're having VoLTE or any other problems completed the following.

1. Remember to turn VoLTE back on after your update.

Settings >Applications >Phone > VoLTE-Use VoLTE when available.

2.  Power Cycle the device 30-45 minutes after updating. (Especially if you're updating from a non-VoLTE enabled OS version)

3. Confirm your device has updated successfully: 'Build Number Ending in BOJ7'

4. Test VoLTE calls in 2-3 different locations.

VoLTE Compatibility (must not have the following active/turned on)

Wi-Fi Calling (supported on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus only)

• Apple has not enabled VoLTE video calling on their devices as they have FaceTime available.
  • iPhone 6s and 6s Plus user will have to toggle Wi-Fi calling on and off to enable VoLTE.
  • Extended Coverage
  • Rogers One Number
  • Ringback Tunes
  • Parental Control Data Block SOCs
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • “Common Voicemail” (Legacy Voicemail product)
  • Alternative Line Service
  • TeleTYpewriter (TTY)
  • Wireless Priority
  • UMA Hotspot
  • Datacom, CS Data, FAX, USSD Services

If still having issues, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps via PM. We will gather your cellular info and open a Case for further investigation.

Cases help track and correlate any issues that are experienced. With this information we can work with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and help build a better experience.

RogersDarrell

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrel so are you saying Rogers has not disabled the video calling feature on the patch to 5.1.1, I can make voice calls over the LTE network...and I am aware that the person im calling must also have video calling enabled on their phone.
gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@paulwatkins wrote:
Ok, so just for fun let's have everyone weigh in. I've actually thought a lot about this over the past 6 months and looked at it closely. If Rogers came to you tomorrow and said we'll take your phone back and let you out of your contract without penalty, where would you go?

Telus? - Which is the premier choice these days in my opinion for purely telephone uses, call clarity, etc. But it will cost you slightly more and will not have quite as much network coverage and speed. Of course no VoLTE there nor Roam Like Home options yet that I know of.

Bell? - Similar pricing, probably a little cheaper, but TERRIBLE, and I mean TERRIBLE customer service... the worst (research it, really), sub par network, still don't even have an update out for this issue... still no VoLTE as well for though that need it.

The Koodo's, Fido's, Chatr, etc. are simply budget options that may work for some if you don't leave the city much.

Not looking for an argument, just opinions on what you'd do.

Just a heads up, Telus and Bell have the same coverage, they built their network together sharing Towers, however the backhaul, core network, and billing system is seperate. Bell does have the worst customer service, I was with Bell for 15 years, and I know first hand how bad it is. But Bell's network is actually really good, lots of fiber backhaul, consistant LTE speeds, fast download and upload. Rogers tuned their network for fast downloads, but slower uploads, rogers also doesn't have as much fiber backhaul. 

To everyone having problems with VoLTE still not working, follow the steps Rogers posted making sure VoLTE is turned on, then after 30mins turn your phone off for 5 minutes, then power back on. If it still doesn't work then call Rogers and make sure they have your IMEI on the account, then ask them to reset the network on their end. 

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

Uh oh..here we go!!.. Rogers did not fix the bug!! as i just got the same txt msg 3 times from someone ..what a joke this is.
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I called Rogers and had them confirm my IMEI and to reset my network and nope still not working. How wonderful.