Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

What quick fix are you talking about?

there have been 6 weeks now since this problem arise. This stupid quick fix shuld have arrived after one week eventually, and until now a real fix.

Disabling features to make basic function works is stupid; And stop blaming Samsung; I did not bought my phone from Samsung; I bought the high end, super expensive, features rich phone that Rogers sell. False advertising is illegal.

If their test engineers, programers and whoever works on this phone are just incompetents then Rogers should have not put this phone on sale; if this smartphone is to smart for them and they can't keep up with latest features, they should sell it at motorola prices at beast.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yea if they are advertising the feature and after a month and a half just ended up disabling that very feature... That is false advertising straight up... I just did some test calls and voLTE is Def not working. Quite honestly I don't really use it myself but I also assumed that video calling on it used my data somehow... Now I'm a tad bit annoyed... 

I Plan to Stick Around

If features have been disabled I'm sure we will not hear from Rogers regarding this and this will just get the social media back lash going again. About to update my phone but I was hoping would resolve the issues for once and for all, sadly not Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, so just for fun let's have everyone weigh in. I've actually thought a lot about this over the past 6 months and looked at it closely. If Rogers came to you tomorrow and said we'll take your phone back and let you out of your contract without penalty, where would you go?

Telus? - Which is the premier choice these days in my opinion for purely telephone uses, call clarity, etc. But it will cost you slightly more and will not have quite as much network coverage and speed. Of course no VoLTE there nor Roam Like Home options yet that I know of.

Bell? - Similar pricing, probably a little cheaper, but TERRIBLE, and I mean TERRIBLE customer service... the worst (research it, really), sub par network, still don't even have an update out for this issue... still no VoLTE as well for though that need it.

The Koodo's, Fido's, Chatr, etc. are simply budget options that may work for some if you don't leave the city much.

Not looking for an argument, just opinions on what you'd do.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am able to make volte calls after the update today. Did everyone turn the setting for volte back on? It is found under phone, more, settings. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm that VoLTE (phone calls over the LTE network) does work but video calls does not seem to work now after the patch to 5.1.1 today.
I've Been Here Awhile

hey just wondering what others though of updates phone seems to run quicker yet to test if resolved the text issue and call but 1.5 gig upgrade something must have changed. ?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

I'm sure you all saw our announcement here: http://roge.rs/1QslcdJ

As detailed; we’ve been working around the clock with Samsung to get the right fix in place and as of yesterday (November 16th) it began rolling out in phases from November 16th to 30th.

The OTA download limit will be regulated to around 5 to 10 thousand downloads every few days. But you can connect your S6 or S6 Edge to Samsung Smart Switch anytime and download the update there.

Remember to turn VoLTE back on after your update.

Settings >Applications >Phone > VoLTE-Use VoLTE when available.

If anyone is having VoLTE calling issues please follow the following trouble shooting steps:

Power Cycle the device 30-45 minutes after updating. (Especially if you're updating from a non-VoLTE enabled OS version)

Confirm your device has updated successfully: 'Build Number Ending in BOJ7'

Test VoLTE calls in 2-3 different locations.

If still having issues, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps and we'll assist further.

In the interim, if you have not updated your S6 or S6 Edge; we still recommend you follow the troubleshooting steps here if you’re continuing to experience problems.

Steps: Manually drop the device to 3G/GSM from the Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode options.

What we do not recommend is flashing non Rogers software on your Rogers device – doing this can cause issues with performance and affect your device’s warranty.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

How do you get the update off of Samsung Smart Switch? I've opened it and only can see options on how to transfer data between phones.

Thanks

I've Been Around

Hello, I've been having issues with my phone ever since the 5.1.1 update. Yesterday, the patch came up as available for download, so I downloaded it hoping for a fix. I've done everything in your message (Power cycled my phone and everything). I also made sure that the build number was correct. The issues continue! I don't have access to LTE or mobile data in general unless I downgrade to GMS where the internet is VERY slow. Please advise as how to fix this issue as soon as possible. It's been longer than a month with these issues.