Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I am getting the same "server has reached its daily download limit"

I will check again tomorrow. It is funny that there is a daily download limit to the server like how we have monthly internet usage limits.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was one of the lucky ones that got the update when it first came out and never had any issues at all, one thing I noticed when I first got the update I was able to make video calls and with this new patch update I am not able to anymore, does it have to do with VOLTE network and will that feature be available again?
I Plan to Stick Around

you can only make video calls to someone who also has video calling enabled on their phone, while on LTE and using VoLTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

So far the update seems to be working fine for me but it will probably take longer than a few hours to see if the problems come back. Also for anyone that flashed the Telus version I do recommend going back to the Rogers version as you will get VOLte but in general the builds are practically the same. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I know, my wife has the S6 Edge as well and she got the initial update like me, we were able to video calling each other before, but not it says "Video Calling Unavailable"
I Plan to Stick Around

@kerri_christian wrote:
I know, my wife has the S6 Edge as well and she got the initial update like me, we were able to video calling each other before, but not it says "Video Calling Unavailable"

This is weird. If they disabled voLTE video calling then they should immediately update the voLTE info page below and the press release.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/volte/2184?asc_refid=volte

http://about.rogers.com/about/news-media-relations/news/item/2015/03/31/rogers_launches_voice_over_l...

I am still waiting for my update. I will test as soon as I get it.

Is voLTE video calling working for anyone after the update ?

I Plan to Stick Around

I received the update this morning, calls and texts work properly but videocalls don't work anymore and when I make a call the phone drops to 4G (HSPA)... So it seems to me that they just disabled voLTE.

I also believe that this update is the same as Telus released two weeks ago. The two files have the same weight, the same build date, same kernel version and same changelist number ... There is only  CSC who is different for Rogers that enables VoLTE, which does not work currently.

I'm Here A Lot

OMG......... seriously??????  So the so called "fix" we've all been waiting for is not actually a fix.  It's just like all the temporary fixes/workarounds and disabling more features.  Now they got rid of Video Calling??????????  That's insane............   Did they think we just wouldn't notice this or something????  I'm really not happy about this at all.  

Come on Rogers.... Really?.....

I Plan to Stick Around

Personally I can live without VoLTE indefinitely. If you really need a quick fix that's solid... it's been out for years already... it's called SKYPE and is has a much larger user base. 😉
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats right @paul, i would prefer LTE services over voLTE.
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.