Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

My experience was similar to stallen's. The customer service rep, seemed familiar with the issue, put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with a full month's credit. He was very easy to deal with and the best experience I've had with a CSR on the phone in 2 years probably.
I Plan to Stick Around

@paulwatkins are you a small business customer or personal account holder?
I Plan to Stick Around

Personal, but a big family plan. And long time customer, 15+ yrs.
I've Been Here Awhile

am small business and i got less then one mouth credit
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to them via chat, i have business account and got the credit without any argument.
I've Been Here Awhile

i will try ch33rez was your plan over max credit. ? of 100
I Plan to Stick Around

To be honest though @Bryanb58 I fully expected the response when I called in to be exactly what you got. As I've been with Rogers so long I've been through a number of renewals and hardware upgrades. My last dealings with the call centre when I upgraded to the S6 was absolutly horrific, to the point where the rep was downright rude. I did have some loyalty credits (which are being done away with) and a grandfathered 6gb data plan that they were just going to strip away. It was the Social Media team and @RogersMaude in particular that got involved and really helped out. Rogers has changed drastically over the past 15 years. They used to really appreciate long term customers and go out of their way to make them feel like they appreciated the business. They'd offer little perks like loyalty credits of maybe $10 per month and wave stupid little extra fees when you renewed. They'd also go out of their to grandfather older plans you might have been on when you renewed. As time passed, it got to where you really had to make a stink to get them to help in that way, and now all that is just completely gone.  They don't seem to listen to their customers at all unless you really make some noise, like we had to do on Facebook and Twitter this time. I'm not sure what or who is responsible for the steady decline of Rogers customer service but it really needs to be rebuilt. The comments and feelings here are not isolated, you'll hear the same almost anywhere you go on the web or social media.   

All that said, the customer service response this time was a nice surprise and reminded me of the way it used to be!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So the first time I phoned earlier the guy had no idea about the s6 issue. That was a first sign that this wasn't gonna be the guy that's gonna help me. I phoned back 15 minutes ago and the 2nd guy knew immediately what I was referring to and he credited my monthly bill for this line (still paying for my wifes as she is under my account but that's ok as she wasn't affected) so there we go I am happy now.

Thank you both so much for updating the Community on the outcome.

I am glad our agents were able to offer you a compensation that met your expectations.

Regards,

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

So apparently we are only allowed to report on good experiences here not bad ones.  So, I had a "lovely chat" with a man at the wireless company that might own this bulletin board...  If anyone here would like to hear about it I would be happy to speak with you in private.