Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

yes I have tried video calls via Rogers VOLTE and worked well, also VOLTE calls are working well for me, I also haven't had many issues like most people with the 5.1.1 update.
felixfri
I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously I tried it before posting anything. I called Rogers and it was confirmed that this feature is not working, I will wait till the 16th to see if the fix works.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@felixfri Rogers has said the feature is not working/implemented to me too but it works for me. I tested it just now.

LTE speed test: 59.42 Mbps
LTE speed test with voLTE turned on and having someone on the call: 55.14 Mbps
Speed test with voLTE turned off and having somoene on the call: 9.48 Mbps

I couldnt try the video call feature yet, but based on these results obviously voLTE is working for me.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@steveburke23 wrote:
yes I have tried video calls via Rogers VOLTE and worked well, also VOLTE calls are working well for me, I also haven't had many issues like most people with the 5.1.1 update.

Thanks steve for confirming 🙂

My few friends with the compatible phones will turn on voLTE after November 15th ... so I will check then.

bobbysk
I Plan to Stick Around

I just turned the VOLTE and the LTE back on after a month and everything seems to work now...  Maybe rogers has made some adjustments,...  I will have to put it back now though as I would't want to inadvertently miss any calls...

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried the VOLte and it does work. Haven't used it in ages as LTE is off though but when LTE was on it does work very well. Hopefully in 5 days everything will be working perfectly. 

stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks to @RogersDarrell for the update!

Side note to the others here, I recently called in to speak with a Rogers agent about an unrelated account question.  Afterwards I asked if I could I could get some form of credit or compensation for the month of LTE issues.  The agent knew of the Galaxy S6 problems without me having to really get into it.

End result was that I got a month of service credit applied to my account.  I am a small business customer so I am not sure if the experience will be the same for regular consumer customers.

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

That's very interesting. I just got off the phone with customer service... Guy told me that they are tracking all tickets that have been submitted and once the fix is released and the tickets are closed they will contact letting know what kind of compensation we will receive....
stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bryanb58, are you a regular consumer customer?

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

@stallen yes I have a personal account, not business.