Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

If you read through this thread in it's entirety you'll find that it's just a temporary fix... the issue will come back. If you're lucky though.. you may make it until the new update comes out on the 16th!
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup sim card swap is temporary it's one of the first things done. This is strictly a software issue and nothing will resolve it until they release the update. Mine worked for maybe a few hours after swapping and then it went back to having the problems
squippo
I've Been Here Awhile

just talk to the tech support about this. he said that we should keep the ticket open for a chance to get any compensation once the problem fixed.

ch33rez
I Plan to Stick Around

I have s6 edge, with 5.1.1 there is one more problem which is common and i am having is that "Auto Dimming" brightness, even my auto dimming is unchecked but still it does dim itself. I searched online and its issue with 5.1.1, i hope they will fix that issue too with update.
Who ever have s6 edge having this issue ?
Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad to see an announcement. Looking forward to November 15th for the update and the credit as well.

Please train your entire billing department on how to manage this issue and issue the credit accordingly starting from November 15th. I will only call rogers once for the credit on Nov 16th and if I find myself arguing with the billing department or having to discuss for anymore than 15 minutes I will state my problem as unresolved to CCTS.

If anyone in your billing department says "this is the first time I am hearing about this issue" I will hang up immediately and let CCTS resolve my issue.
Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@ch33rez I don't have that auto dimming issue. For maximum brightness your auto dimming should be unchecked(turned off) and the brightness bar moved all the way to the right.
Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@felixfri Rogers tech mentioned to me that they haven't really implemented voLTE yet. However when you have the voLTE turned on and make a call to someone and if you see your signal is still in LTE I would assume that it is working. As I don't care about this feature I didn't check the speed to confidently say this but you can do this easily.

The only way to be sure whether its working for you is by checking it yourself. Turn off your WIFI, Ensure you have voLTE turned on and you are in an area with LTE signal. Run a speed test and record your speed. Then call someone and see if you still have LTE signal while the person remains on call. If yes, keep the person waiting on the call and run the same speed test again and see what you get. If you are getting similar to LTE speed when you have someone on call it means it's working for you in that area.
Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell thank you providing us with a clear update with full details. 

@paulwatkins isn't it interesting that just shortly after a small Facebook campaign they gave the reps on here some real information and it was finally passed on to us? I find that to be very intersting. Nonetheless I am just glad we will finally be getting the fixed update and hopefully a good amount of compensation as well! 

AndyAsselin
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi if you call in they  will give you credit at least for me of $100 for a month sadly since am pay 130 + it seem kinda of disapointment conside i still don't have a work  phone  and the fact

I purchsed the phone from Roger And it was  Roger update / Network  Issues that caused it

Seem like pretty bad services conside this was not a cheap phone from rogers  to start with 

not to metion client call and not be able to get thoght and delay of text msg    Diffently Problay go make alot of look at other network in future  

Even the Rogers rep I talk to tech support knew exact issues and  the one in customer services said they had some meeting about  and only thing    reps could do was credit 100 dollar on account  and kept ask me what i like to do resloved it  i  don'nt get why could'nt credit full mouth of services  even the rep al be nice was in agreement it sucks  to pay for services that is uselessly 

Andy

I mean $100 credit is nice but not realy that great deal since   I am pay them 130 + a mouth almost 300+ if you include other lines that are not  on s6 phones 

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

All details about voLTE: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/volte/2184

Has anyone actually tried a voLTE video call? It's nice to be able to make free video calls. Unfortunately it only works if the person you are calling and yourself have a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, Note 5, LG vigor, G4. You both should also be in an LTE area (assuming with wifi turned off) and with voLTE turned on.