Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

They delete every post on Facebook and Twitter, just to make it even more ridiculous...

eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

So apparently, even Rogers own employees can't get their stories straight between themselves.
On twitter, one employee said they would be happy to compensate me. When I asked for explanation on how they would do so, a different employee answered and said that once the fix is out, I should get in touch with them again. Of course, this is extremely frustrating because they are still getting our money and we are getting screwed. So I asked them to explain how that's fair and was told: "Apologies for the confusion. More details will be shared tomorrow in a post in Rogers Community Forums. It should be made available right on the homepage at https://t.co/gyfAJ3NTgl - once that's up, if you have any other questions, we'll be glad to answer them for you. ^pw "
Ya, I think you misunderstood pw, I don't want answers. I WANT COMPENSATION
AccordXTC
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't be shocked tomorrow to see the posting from Rogers saying "We're working with Samsung and our network partners to resolve it as soon as possible" I swear its like a broken record that they keep saying over and over for the last month

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

All the more reason to keep hammering social media as much as possible. 1 solid day of it and now suddenly they are all putting their heads together to come up with a response. It should be interesting, but I don't expect much.

I will keep finding new avenues on social media to shine a light on this now every single day until it's been rectified. And this time I will NOT forget come renewal.
gvinvan
I Plan to Stick Around

@paulwatkins great job. It is beyond ridiculous how this is being handled. If ROGERS wants to implement new features such as VoLTE, Rogers should do MUCH MORE to an un interrupted transition. Not that hey, lets push out an update, oh wait it's messed, lets stop the update, lets now start it after a month, oh wait its still messed up...hey you people...yeah YOU, turn off your LTE and some other features so you don't miss your IMPORTANT calls and texts. Please do continue to pay us fully while loss of imperative services for over a month.

1 month later...still same old lame reply of "We are working with Samsung to resolve this issue".

How about sorry for the inconvience customers and here is $50 off on your bill or

go to a store and get the update reverted back to 5.0.2 or

Here let us just send you another phone which is running 5.0.2 or

AN HONEST REPLY FOR A CHANGE.

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

ok I thought for sure we would get this update released this week since Telus has released there version a week or more ago ...but I dont think Telus has implemented VOLTE which seems to be the issue with Rogers 5.1.1 update and the Galaxy s6/ S6 edge, although I am not having issues with my S6, I only had issues for a day, after Rogers re-released 5.1.1 in October, had some of the issues as mentioned in this forum nothing worked to fix the bugs, but then went away when I Powerd phone off, took out my SIM card and powered phone back on , havent seen bugs in weeks, I thought that maybe its just Rogers network trying to implement its VOLTE , but ya this silent treatment on this issue is quite ridiculous.
felixfri
I've Been Here Awhile

I was told today by Roger's customer service rep. it is a known issue. According to him, Samsung is working on a "fix". For now if you go to settings, mobile networks, Network mode and select HSPA only - things should be stable. You will not be using LTE network though. I received $50 credit on my account for the inconvenience!

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

Alright... I made comments on Facebook as well.

One thing I don't understand is that if there are thousands of people facing this issue why aren't they taking the time like us to report the errors in public and demand an answer from Rogers. Telus stated that there are over 1300 trouble tickets created and their forums have no where close to the responses or complaints from the customers. It seems like most people just waste time calling rogers over and over to hear the same solutions which don't really fix anything. The people who think the problem is solved by turning off Volte, removing and inserting sim, and restarting the phone just don't know that it isn't fixed. I can prove it to you.
felixfri
I've Been Here Awhile

I will take the $50 off every cycle, if they can't solve it!

felixfri
I've Been Here Awhile

Is VoLTE working for you?