Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I'm Here A Lot

This is unbelieable...

Since this update...

- The majority of the time when people call me my phone doesn't ring, but they get my voicemail...  But I do get new voicemail notifications if/when they leave a message.  The missed calls don't show on my phone either, or in the call log...

- When people text me I get their messages several hours later, if at all.  Sometimes if I send myself a text, then all the messages from people come in all at once.  Sometimes texting myself doesn't work either though...

Prior to this 5.1.1 update I had no issues and was super happy with my S6...

With my previous HTC phone I never had an issue other than the battery life became really short by end of my 3-year contract...  So this time around I thought I would go with the great Samsung Galaxy S6, and this is what I get...

Is anything actually being done about this????????????  My goodness.... People are talking about this issue all over the internet with different providers even...   Did all the software developers at Samsung and Rogers quit?????  This is insane...

Rogers tech support told me switching my network mode to LTE would resolve this temporarily until there was a fix, but LTE is already enabled.  Elsewhere on the web I've read that disabling LTE will temporarily fix this, but many have reported that doesn't work either.  Plus, as previously stated, why would I want to do this anyway...  That's ridiculous.  

Rogers..., you need to update your customers with an actual statement about what YOU are doing to address this issue.  There is way too much specualation.... No one really seems to know anything, not even your phone tech support...

This is my only phone line and I have two young daughters and if there's an emergency and I can't be reached because of this, this is a really big problem.........

I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to Rogers... NOBODY CARES!!! Smiley Tongue
I'm Here A Lot

Seems that way...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It would be real nice to get some kind of update as to an approximate eta. Even operating on gsm/hspa is not a full solution as this morning a conversation with a buddy started seeing the full fledged delay... Had to reset my phone to get the 10 texts he sent. At this point I will be calling customer service to get some kind of credit. I'm just waiting to see how long this goes. This is pathetic.

Gives us an update already.... Even if it's just an eta or where in the testing /implementation phase that we sit currently.

Terrible customer service.
Terrible company.
I Plan to Stick Around

Upgrade my contract with S6 edge 1 month ago and as soon as i turned my phone on i upgraded the software as i got the notification and since then i am having this issue first i thought its a network issue but i searched alot and found its a common problem with 5.1.1. I have a corporate account and renewed my contract for 3 yrs and i am loosing alot of business as i am not getting calls. Emailed to business account customet service but havent recieved any reaponse. Turning of LTE is not a solution and its been a month without fix update, they should have take it seriously and provide fix asap.
I've Been Around

I have a new Samsung S6, and have been having lots of issues with service. About half of my imcoming calls get directed straight to voicemail even when I'm in a full LTE service area. I will eventually receicve a voicemail alert about half hour later. Also a lot of my incoming text messagese are delayed by over 12 hours, sometimes I will get them right away after I restart me phone. Is this a service issue or a device issue? if it keeps happening I'm going to have to try another provider. 

I Plan to Stick Around

You have to read the thread before you post lol. Yes it's a known issue.... They are apparently working on it although at this point don't expect a fix until marshmallow at the rate they are going. It's a joke.
I've Been Here Awhile

Good to see, i go away for a week and still nothing has been accomplished or communicated by rogers

I Plan to Stick Around

At the Whitecaps playoffs in downtown Vancouver last night, full bars LTE and GSM, no internet connectivity at all, no texts.ROGERS and their TERRIBLE customer service! WILL NOT FORGET THIS TIME!

Is anyone running the Telus firmware on their S6 and if so can you confirm if it's working 100%. My phone will be on that network before my contract runs out now anyways.