Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

so, @paulwatkins what exactly are you even saying? it seems to me that you are telling everyone to just do nothing. correct me if i'm wrong but is that what you are implying? that we are all going to forget, like you, at the end of our contracts and renew, and that anything we do up until that point is moot? please enlighten us.
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow @paulwatkins you can go ahead and be part of the sheep of society. That is a ridiculous mind set to take. Maybe Rogers should start just deactivating your phone at random times to save on energy costs.... You don't seem willing to care... And as you said you WILL renew.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

No, I'm telling you Rogers (by it's own history) is going to do nothing, people can do whatever they want. And yes, the sad fact is, people are sheep, they will take the easy way 2 years from now or will likely have a different cross to burn by that point. You're free to spend 4 or 5 hours of your life on hold and venting to telephone service staff from India and the Philippines and in the end you might get a $10 credit to appease you. Rogers has changed, the customer loyalty and retention days are over, they have been for sometime. They have plenty of bean counters to tell them this way is more profitable.

You're not a Corporate client, just a plebe with a new contract. I'd love you to prove me wrong though...
eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

i can't prove you wrong if i have no idea what your point is...and you haven't really clarified either. so are you in fact saying that people just don't bother doing anything? sounds pretty lazy to me. i would be much happier with myself knowing i at least TRIED then just giving up before even doing anything. just please explain to us how doing nothing is better than trying?
Locust
I've Been Around

Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

So a few months ago I updated to the Samsung S6 Edge, and when I first got the device I did not seem to have any problems. Now certain text messages seem to be received sometimes hours after they've been sent to me. And yet I can have back and forth conversations with some people via text no problem - so it seems sporadic.

Anyone else having the same issue or know of a way to help with this?

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

You go @eightdown!!! And when you guys organize your 'Million Man March' on Rogers Corporate Headquarters over the injustice of it all, I'll be right behind you.... well maybe #705,223 as I'll probably stop for coffee on the way. But before you get too worked up, you might want to look around here. After you deduct duplicate page views from the same people and Rogers employees looking at this for a giggle, there's probably only 50 people at most here... and of that... only 5 or 6 actually speaking. Take a look on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... quiet... no outraged masses.

Now I am familiar with the David and Goliath fable, and perhaps you'll amaze us all with your slingshot skills, but I really suspect they'll quietly have a fix for it before you run out of rocks.

Seriously though, this is all tongue in cheek for entertainment purposes. Don't take anything I'm saying personally... I've just lost all faith in Rogers long ago.
eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

oh, i don't take anything personal from what your saying, that's for sure. i don't relate to your attitude towards these issues so i am not really taking anything you say seriously.
Since you seem to think sitting back and letting nature take it's course is the best way to deal with issues, i'm not sure why you are so adamant about changing my mind as well as everyone elses on this forum.
I will never be on board with the lazy, pessimistic way of thinking. it's too much work to stand up for what you believe in, you'd rather hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
up until this point, the issues i've had with Rogers (and there were a few) have all been solved by actually dealing with Rogers. unfortunately, this time they are being very quiet about what's going on. that doesn't mean i won't stop posting, or contacting them over twitter/facebook (as i've suggested people do). The sole reason i suggest it is becuase, it has helped me before. this problem may not be as wide spread as others but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be vocal about it. if no one speaks up, then to Rogers, there is no problem.
i'm beginning to think maybe you are getting paycheques from them...
but seriously though, just kidding...
geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

this is the service I am getting from Rogers since they asked me to put my Mobile networks\Network mode to "GSM/HSPA (auto connect). So annoying!!!

Screenshot_2015-11-04-15-23-45.jpg

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

If you've got a decent data plan Genius, try leaving it on the LTE network and turning off wifi completely. Also, make sure VoLTE is off in call settings. It seems to work best for me.
geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Paul, I have 5GB and yes I had that settings before and it seems to work but it came to the point that my girlfriend was too furious at me cause she had been calling and texting me for more than 4 hours but I did not receive any text or call. So instead of missing some calls and texts again the support guy told me to leave it to GSM\HSPA autoconnect until further notice.