Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Guys, there's no point taking it out on Maude and Darrell, they can't just make stuff up. They're in the same boat as you... no communications either. From past experience I know Maude has been very helpful, I'm sure she would if she could this time too.

This does shine a bright light on the difference between Rogers and Telus customer service though, so remember it when it's contract renewal time. Until then... you're under contract and Rogers knows that. You just have to 'Suck it up!'

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Although we would love to provide you with further information, nothing has been confirmed and we would not want to post anything that would turn out to be incorrect.

@RogersMaude

I totally agree that your role is not to fuel the fire and not to add speculation to the mix.

That said, whether or not something has not "been confirmed" I don't recall ANY useful info having been posted on the forum by official Rogers employees. It is one thing not to speculate, it's another altogether to give ZERO info at all for the lengthy duration of this issue, other than to say that you are working on it....

eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

To play devil's advocate here, no one is specifically taking it out on Maude or Darrell, but Maude and Darrell are the only voice from this giant, faceless, company that is saying anything and its limited at best. There are so many of us that are having problems with our phones; products we work hard to pay for, and no one can be held accountable because Rogers keeps people like Maude and Darrell, their employees, in the dark too.
I don't doubt they are working hard to fix it but how does that help us, the consumer; long time valued customers; regular, everyday hardworking people? We purchase a phone and a plan and expect the terms of our agreement to be withheld. Yet here we are, with phones that don't work as advertised and all we can do is nothing.
And here's Rogers, keeping all our hardearned money without offering to compensate us for our troubles. I have a phone that has to have core settings turned off so that it can ALMOST work as advertised. How is that fair?
If you aren't going to offer us compensation , at least provide us with constant updates and/or information which tells us where you are with the fix. Something like "hey guys, think we figured it out. Just need to do some more testing..." or "very sorry guys, trying something new. Last tests didnt work." I bet you have lawyers that can clean it up enough to erase guilt from the statement but statements like those would go very far in making you seem like a caring company.
Anyway, Maude/Darrell et al, please know that nothing is directed at you personally but since you're our only contact from Rogers, we have no choice.
Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

Well said in the last post. I expect Rogers will not be pro active and try to compensate those affected without me having to waste my time complaining to some customer service representative who has no idea about this issue. If this is the case, there is absolutely no reason that small updates such as mentioned above like "oh we just completed this test" "this testing failed and we are working on this change" etc cannot be too hard to push out. It isn't rocket science. Just tell us what is happening regularly and we will feel more at ease.
geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

Since Rogers are aware of the issue and last time I spoke with customer support from Rogers he said that they dont know when will the fix be release and Samsung is working on it. I'm not sure if that's true that they are blaming this on Samsung.

Can twe demand them for replacement for other unit in this case?

geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

I think we all should report this to Better Service Bureau

Here are the contact information in Manitoba:

1030 B Empress Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 3H4

Phone: 204-9899010
Fax : 204-9899016

Email : complaints@bbbmb.ca

030 B Empress Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 3H4

Phone: 204-989-9010
Fax: 204-989-9016

Email: complaints@bbbmb.ca

Office hours: 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/bbb-locator/LocationResult/?Address_State=Manitoba,MB&strType=branch#sthash.PEEdU...
paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok guys... WAKE UP!!! I would bet 95% of S6 owners, like myself are under contract for the next 2 years and will have long forgotten this by the time it comes to renew and Rogers knows that. If you look back at the trend their customer service and retentions department has been going in over the past few years what actually gives you the false hope they are going to do anything different. They don't have to give you anything... and they won't.

WAKE UP ALREADY!

And this is the age of the Internet and Social Media... Better Business Bureau??? Really???

🙂
geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

Unless you are a celebrity your social media will NOT matter.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, so just for laughs let's say there are a few people that never get over this and 2 years from now they say ' Forget  Rogers... I'll show them, I'm going to move and get my new phone at Telus.'

'Waaaiiitt a minute... first I think I better check that Telus out with the Better Business Bureau, just to be sure.' 🙂

geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope what I am saying is that we have to let the BSB to get involve and let them know about our issue with Rogers. That's the reason why they were established. They just dont record complaints.