Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hey @stallen can you PM me the link as well? Thanks!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@stallen wrote:

I installed the Telus version of firmware becuase all Canadian firmwares are the same but with different CSCs to be applied.

The Rogers S6 picked up on the fact that it was a Rogers device and set the CSC accordingly.

After running this for a little while I haven't had any seemingly random appearing voicemails or text messages in duplicate or triplicate which is good.  My work building is flooded with 3G so I can't really test the LTE functions all that much.

One interesting thing to note is that in the About Device menu there is a new item.  "Android security patch level" which says 2015-11-01.  I wonder if this is the monthly security update that Sammy promised?

In the Battery menu there is a new "App Optimisation" setting that is supposed to aid in battery usage.  Yes, that is spelt the British way.

All Stagefright vulerabilities have been fixed - including the most recent ones.

ROM build date was Oct 24 so getting this released by Big T on Oct 30 only gave a week of final testing.  Pretty fast if you ask me.

much appreciated if you can tell me where and how to do this! does this reset my apps/files?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Flashing your device does typically erase your data but with the S6 it seems it hasn't been doing so if done properly but it is still best to backup all your data. Do excercise caution with flashing your device as their are risks. You are flashing at your own risk. 

Telus PDA: G925W8OYA3BOJ7

Changelist: 6089316

Firmware can be find on any Samsung Firmware website and how to instructions can simply be found by Googling. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Would love the link. Nice that Rogers is useless and can't even give us an update on the issue
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nbstag I know how you feel in the matter but at least yesterday I spoke with a higher up Rogers employee to find out that they had been working on a test with 350 people and that test was completed yesterday.

One thing to look at that you might want to hold off installing Telus firmware is that Rogers has VOLTE where Telus does not. This was why Rogers took longer with testing and why Telus had theirs out before because of not having the feature.

Sometimes its best to hold your cards back and let others be the test pig rather then yourself. Hense why I'll wait for Rogers to release the firmware, as much as I hate waiting but rather have the right firmware then someone that owns a phone and if they brick or break your isn't going to care much lol.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

AccordXTC - its great that you have at least gotten something out of them, but why are you the one delivering this news to us and not Rogers. If they want to keep people happy, thats all they need to do is make an annoucenment and say, hey were actually making progress. Instead they copy-paste the same thing over and over and cant be bothered to tell us anything more. 

The second part to this is that I have to travel to the US for work tommorow and need to be reachable. Hard to reach me unless im gonna reboot my phone every 5 minutes to make sure it will actually work

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Nitin Just an FYI. Flashing a device does not wipe it it only flashing the new firmware on top of the existing one. For best results it is highly recommended to factory reset your device flashing it if you are having issues. In most cases you'll be good to go.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

*it only flashes
*factory reset your device after flashing...
Sorry about the typos.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Very sad that Rogers has yet to make another statement on this. We have to rely on other forum members to advise us about what is going on with regard to the testing/fix. Not impressed with the communications coming from this so called communications company.

WHAT SAY YOU ROGERS @RogersDarrell @RogersMaude
Highlighted

Good evening,

We're very sorry you are feeling this way about this situation.

Although we would love to provide you with further information, nothing has been confirmed and we would not want to post anything that would turn out to be incorrect.

As users, you are definitely allowed to speculate, but as a Rogers employees we have to make sure that we are giving you the right information. I am hoping you can understand that, if I did not post on this thread again, it is simply because I was not provided with additional details. We have not forgotten about you. Some of us are S6 users as well, we will post an update on this thread as soon as we can.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of Rogers for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

RogersMaude