Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLT
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I received and downloaded the upgrade to 5.1.1 about three weeks ago and I have had nothing but problems since.  My cell phone battery will not hold a charge.  I keep getting my text messages in my email as well as text.  And the rogers store staff where I purchased my phone are useless.  They didn't even know there was an issue with the upgrade.

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO GET FIXED.   I HAVE TO CHARGE MY PHONE TWICE A DAY JUST TO GET ME THROUGH THE DAY AND I AM BARELY USING IT NOW AS A RESULT.

I AM MAD AND I WANT RESULTS....THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DID NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER CONTRACT WITH ROGERS.

Funky-Munky
I Plan to Stick Around

Annayya, I have a line with Telus, and so far the firmware update has worked.  Maybe it blew something else up that I'm unaware of, but right now it's working well.

It was only released on Friday, and assuming everyone is off for the weekend I wouldn't imagine Rogers is far behind.

beaurink
I've Been Here Awhile

hi @RogersMaude,
I'm using Samsum Galaxy S6.

mistry121
I've Been Here Awhile

Any chance we'll be seeing an OTA soon? I put my s6 edge on 3G/HSPA for now, disabled wifi and VOLTE. Hate seeing my phone function so poorly after spending a lot of money on it! Thinking about going back to my note 4 because I've missed so many calls and havent received texts until hours later.

@RogersMaude 

AccordXTC
I Plan to Stick Around

So I just spoke with a higher up Rogers employee who was very helpful in telling me the story. Yes Rogers is aware of the issue and yes they have been testing a fix and that test was completed today. From there, there is not an ETA on a fix but at least we know whats going on and they are trying to fix it. 

Let's hope its soon that we can put this to bed and move on.

stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

AccordXTC wrote:

So I just spoke with a higher up Rogers employee who was very helpful in telling me the story. Yes Rogers is aware of the issue and yes they have been testing a fix and that test was completed today. From there, there is not an ETA on a fix but at least we know whats going on and they are trying to fix it. 

Let's hope its soon that we can put this to bed and move on.

Thanks for the update!  It seems so easy to find out some useful information, log in here and then type it out - you're not even a Rogers employee.  😉

@RogersMaude

@RogersDarrell

stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

I installed the Telus version of firmware becuase all Canadian firmwares are the same but with different CSCs to be applied.

The Rogers S6 picked up on the fact that it was a Rogers device and set the CSC accordingly.

After running this for a little while I haven't had any seemingly random appearing voicemails or text messages in duplicate or triplicate which is good.  My work building is flooded with 3G so I can't really test the LTE functions all that much.

One interesting thing to note is that in the About Device menu there is a new item.  "Android security patch level" which says 2015-11-01.  I wonder if this is the monthly security update that Sammy promised?

In the Battery menu there is a new "App Optimisation" setting that is supposed to aid in battery usage.  Yes, that is spelt the British way.

All Stagefright vulerabilities have been fixed - including the most recent ones.

ROM build date was Oct 24 so getting this released by Big T on Oct 30 only gave a week of final testing.  Pretty fast if you ask me.

rh52
I Plan to Stick Around

As a new S6 owner, this forum really helped me, particularly in convincing me to NOT install the messed up October release of 5.1.1.

That messed up release is sitting on my phone, queued up in the notification area, and nagging me daily to install it.

Is there some way to clear out the messed up release so that my phone will instead install the improved November release (when that finally comes out)?

SchumiTEC
I've Been Around

Hi,

Where did you download the firmware from Telus? 

stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Check your PM.