Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datacide
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I also updated my phone when the update became available in October.  I then had all the problems people are talking about.  Had to call a few tmes to finally get to a tech who asked me to shut down my phone and remove my sim.  He then did something on his end and then told my to put the sim back in and turn on the phone.   Luckily everything came back after that.  I have no clue what the guy did but it worked, I was lucky.  The people who are still having these issues have a right to be angry. The almost radio silence from Rogers makes a bad tech failure an equally bad customer care flop.

Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

@datacide wrote:

I also updated my phone when the update became available in October.  I then had all the problems people are talking about.  Had to call a few tmes to finally get to a tech who asked me to shut down my phone and remove my sim.  He then did something on his end and then told my to put the sim back in and turn on the phone.   Luckily everything came back after that.  I have no clue what the guy did but it worked, I was lucky.  The people who are still having these issues have a right to be angry. The almost radio silence from Rogers makes a bad tech failure an equally bad customer care flop.

I've noticed since talking to a tech, who advised me of the same thing, that I'm now only getting 4G, no longer LTE... my issues are still there though.  Are you getting LTE speeds still?

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Samsung should be the ones release a statment that they are aware of the issue and giving a time line. Funny how Samsung can come up with a design of a new phone and have it ready for mass sale in a shorter time then it has taken for them to resolve a software issue. 

Rogers will never post a statement to a product having an issue because there all spineless jelly fish. 

This whole issue reminds me of the same issue of the Rogers Navigator that was pushed out to customers that still don't see it being resolved.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

If you think you're fine, it's most likely just a matter of time. I thought I was fine too, by simply turning VoLTE off, and I was until yesterday. I have been doing a lot of reading and it's the same everywhere... eventually it will affect you. For now I have just turned off wifi completely and just using my LTE and it has been good since yesterday, but I send test text messages about a dozen times a day just to check.
datacide
I've Been Here Awhile

Right after the call/fix, I was limited to maximum of 4g data speeds.  The next day, it was back to LTE and has been there ever since.  

Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

@datacide wrote:

Right after the call/fix, I was limited to maximum of 4g data speeds.  The next day, it was back to LTE and has been there ever since.  

Ok thanks.  I'm still not getting LTE, so I'll try pulling the card again...

catamtl
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers attitude on this issue, is beyond ridiculous.
Hours and hours on hold with tech support, again hours for customer service and that for nothing.
even worse, because I was missing so many calls, now they deactivated missed calls feature, so if there is no voice message left, I don't receive a notification. And they are trying to explain to me that problem is almost solved and I receive 75% of calls now, and only few missing.
really Rogers, this is the way to solve the problems, deactivating features for which I pay as monthly add-on.
and please stop suggesting reset the phone 6 times a day, I did not paid 750 dollars for a Christmas lights to turn it on and off when I have time.
naderzz
I've Been Here Awhile

For about two months now my Samsung Galaxy S6 has been sending my messages straight to voicemail and I've been receiving text only when I restart my device. And I get 3 of the same message.

I contacted Rogers to get this issue resolved and all they could provide for me is a network reset which only resolved the issue for about an hour.

I had to reset my network a bunch of times and after this inconvenience I asked rogers for a discount off my bill, they gave me $10.

A couple of weeks ago through my own research I found out that this was a software Issue that only Samsung can fix with an update. Why would Rogers offer a phone that doesn't work on their LTE network and charge me $90/month?

Once again through my own research I found out that I should switch my netwrok to 3G and this will help with my calls going through. It did help with the calls but now my network is super slow.

So since this problem went on for almost 2 months, having a phone basically not receive calls and not receive text on time I called Rogers to get money off my bill.

I talked to two people at Rogers explaining my situation and neither of them believed me. I told them that I wasnt the only one having these issues and sent them links to back me up. The one lady told me she wen't over my bill and told me that I've been calling people. Of course I've been calling people but that's not the issue, I haven't been receiving calls. She kept on making up excuses and did not give me anyting. The second lady told me to call technical support because that was the only option when I explained to her it was not a problem Rogers can fix and I already went through this process. 

Both attempts and I got nothing out of it. 

My boyfriend is with Telus and he had the same issue and nicely enough they compensated him for his bill.

Not only did they give him his bill off, he just got a text from them letting him know that they are going to credit him even further. 

12204104_10153089720567041_817131008_o copy.jpg

So out of all of this I got no solution from Rogers, and I had to beg for a credit which I only got $10 off for 2 months of plan I couldn't even utilize. 

stallen
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell Can you please provide an update to this situation?  Thank you.

eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around

I still hope people are tweeting these complaints out to @RogersHelps
This forum is great to keep everyone in the loop but a more public outpouring of these problems might be more of a kick in the butt to the, as of yet, tight lipped Rogers staff