Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

This is the biggest load of CRAP from Rogers I have ever encountered.   I only just found out I was missing phone calls over the last three weeks - not very good for my business!   

The Galaxy S6 is a new FLAGSHIP phone is essentially "unsupported" by Rogers. As a software developer with over 25 years experience it is clear to me that the Rogers hardware validation program is not adequate.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the exact same issue on my Samsung S6 Edge.  Took the initial update in September I believe when I was prompted by the phone and then the smaller 'fix' update recently.  Didn't initially notice the problem until after the fix patch or smaller recent update.

I Plan to Stick Around

It was the second update that appeared to have caused the problems for me as well. Same as others have reported, non sms, calls in or out, etc. A reboot has been resolving it temporarily so far, but it's making use of the phone impossible as you never know when to reboot.
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps Rogers Tech can roll these phones back to 5.0.2 if they are brought to them????
I've Been Here Awhile

Adding my hat to the ring. Didnt see this post and actually went to a rogers store where they sent my phone for repairs. According to the sheet I got back they replaced the mainboard. Memory stayed the same so im still stuck on 5.1.1. 

I attempted to switch my phone to GSM but when I do that everything stops working (including texting, just says failed to send)

I've Been Around

Read on XDA that some samsung repair centers are rolling back the hpone to 5.0.2. Its wortha  shot walking into one and asking them to take care of the issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

Again I need to post that this problem is completly unacceptable. It has been over 3 weeks since my GS6 has been working. I tried turning off LTE and still texts are messed up and telephone calls go straight to voicemail. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, it might be time to start getting this out there a little more on social media. The biggest issue on all of this is the lack of communication and hiding by Rogers. Time to hit back at them...3 weeks is a long time to have something like this still going on

I Plan to Stick Around

I have used Twitter on many occasions to get the word out with issues (@RogersHelps) and it has definitely proven to be beneficial. Rogers is really not doing much in terms of replies to this thread so getting the word out any other way is key, for sure.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just a further update to our previous message here.

Again, we are aware that some Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge users may be experiencing issues with their device on the latest Android 5.1.1 software update.

We're continually working with Samsung and our network partners to resolve it as soon as possible.

For anyone being affected, please manually drop the device to 3G/GSM from the Settings > Mobile Networks> Network Mode options. This will help mitigate any issues currently experienced.

Notification will be sent when the new update is ready.

Please continue to PM @CommunityHelps so that we may open a Case on the account. Cases help track, record and detail issues for further investigation.

RogersDarrell