Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

My problems still aren't fixed. I am missing almost all incoming calls when I leave the phone idle for over 30 minutes.

What good is a phone if you cannot receive calls ?

45 minutes wait time currently to speak to customer service Smiley Mad ... I don't have that kind of patience right now. If I see the Rogers CEO I would start yelling at him, which is how mad I am right now. The fact that Rogers is not making an official announcement of this issue, with any potential resolution time frame makes this situation even worse.

I demand 50% refund for the entire period - The day my phone asked me to upgrade to 5.1.1 to current, until the problem is resolved. It is CRIMINAL to charge customers for a service that is not being provided. I wonder what the police will say if we say Rogers is commiting fraud by stealing our money. This might sound silly but right now ROGERS is robbing us and there's nothing we can do.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@kh29 wrote:

hi, how are you? i have a question my brother has s6 edge from bell he has 5.0.2 and still waiting for 5.1.1 , but rogers released already . what is the hold up and bell said early oct but next week oct is over

Interesting that you mentioned Bell did not proceed with the bugged update to 5.1.1. That's a smart decision.

No wonder my friends who have the S6 with Bell didnt face such issues yet.

Which idiot at Rogers approved this update to 5.1.1 without the proper testing, which would've clearly shown that it is not ready.

This whole issue is damaging Rogers reputation the most for allowing this update to all its users, but also Samsung and Google to a lesser extent since they did not coordinate this well to release a clean update. Google and Samsung fail to understand that it is such issues that cause millions of users to hate android and switch to iPhone. 

Ceeceepunk
I've Been Around

Yes I'm also experiencing the same problem. I suddenly get several texts at random times in day from 3-4 different numbers. Also my calls are not coming through. I also have a SGS6 Edge 😕 Not happpy. 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

Just an update to our previous message here,  we are aware that some Samsung Galaxy S6 users may be experiencing issues with their device after downloading the latest Android 5.1.1 software update.

We're continually working with Samsung and our network partners to resolve it as soon as possible.

For anyone being affected, please manually drop the device to 3G/GSM from the Settings > Mobile Networks> Network Mode options. This will help mitigate any issues currently experienced.

Also, please PM @CommunityHelps so that we may open a Case on the account. Cases help track, record and detail issues for further investigation.

RogersDarrell

geniuscivic01
I Plan to Stick Around

This is so stupid solution! yes, we now dont miss calls and text BUT NOW we start to miss some emails and some notification that will require internet access. When browsing and Apps often crash!!!!

cavado
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S6 when it launched. I have had no issues until about a week ago when I kept getting duplicate texts everytimes someone texts me. I can't seem to fix the problem I tried installing different texting apps. I reformatted my phone to factory and still they keep coming. Any help would be appreciated

ouija
I'm Here A Lot

Update: The issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge+ is due to an unknown hardware failure, as confirmed by an authorized Samsung repair technician.  After much complaining and running around, Rogers is willing to replace the unit with a brand new model (if and when they replenish thier stock of the same model) but are also willing to replace with any model of my choosing, should I opt to do so.

Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

@ouija wrote:

Update: The issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge+ is due to an unknown hardware failure, as confirmed by an authorized Samsung repair technician.  After much complaining and running around, Rogers is willing to replace the unit with a brand new model (if and when they replenish thier stock of the same model) but are also willing to replace with any model of my choosing, should I opt to do so.

Interesting, a Rogers tech asked me to bring my S6 in "for service".  Did they mention what the "failure" was?

ouija
I'm Here A Lot

Unknown hardware failure, Phone no longer connecting to any type of mobile data network.

Again, I have the S6 Edge+, which ships with Android 5.1.1 from the manufacturer.   

The Samsung Repair technician did confirm the update to 5.1.1 issues for S6 devices as well, but this isn't the same as what was affecting my phone (however, I was experiencing the exact same symptoms, but changing to GSM/3G didn't fix the issue for me, because there is a hardware failure)

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @cavado

Thank you for your post.

What  software version are your currently on for your device?

@RogersPrasana